HP Forums

Full Version: Calculator Stands
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

It seems that I am at a crossroads here. I am trying to decide whether to continue making my stands or not.

eBay ie changing some of their terms of service which will require me to jump through more hoops than are worthwhile to jump through and mentioning eBay is actually prohibited here. eBay, however, made it easy for me to manage international shipping with a minimum of effort. Also, my sales have completely flat-lined since December.

I would appreciate your opinions / suggestions:

1) Is there still interest in these? If so, I will look for another way to sell them that does not violate the forum rules.

2) Any suggestions on eBay alternatives.

3) If there is still interest, I welcome any suggestions for improvements or additions.

I still have some stands listed on eBay that I would like to sell before my account goes away. I am just not able to list any more items at this time.
My eBay account is "simpsonde".

If there is sufficient interest, I will search for an alternative platform.

Thanks again to all of you who have supported this endeavor.
What exactly are you selling?

I (with a German background) cannot make much sense out of "Calculator Stands". Something to put the calculator onto?

regards,
chris
I've got 3 of your stands, and have quickly come to think of them as "indispensable".

I don't have any eBay advise for you, but I hope you continue to make/sell them!

(I'm sure I can find a reason to get at least another one or two.)

Good Luck,
Smile
mike
Two alternatives to "TAS" that come to mind are Tindie and Amazon (yes, Amazon!) Tindie (.com) is a more or less Maker to Customer exchange site. They have sellers from around the world, but I don't know if they provide shipping services or not. Amazon has a slew of small providers, but you may need some sort of corporate structure in place to work with them.

I've bought a number of things on Tindie (the PiDP-11 is now marketed there) and it does have a Maker/Hobbyist vibe to it. It would likely have a smaller but more targeted audience.

This is the problem with small batch hobby products! You think an item will be there later when you need it only to find it is no longer produced (FRAM71 anyone?) I have one of your stands and will have to see what's left on offer...

~Mark
Please excuse my stupidity.

But "what is it"?
(01-16-2021 01:20 AM)hpchris Wrote: [ -> ]Please excuse my stupidity.

But "what is it"?

It would be easier to show you than tell you.
Go to eBay and search for "3D-Printed Custom Calculator Stand".
(01-16-2021 01:09 AM)mfleming Wrote: [ -> ]Two alternatives to "TAS" that come to mind are Tindie and Amazon (yes, Amazon!) Tindie (.com) is a more or less Maker to Customer exchange site. They have sellers from around the world, but I don't know if they provide shipping services or not. Amazon has a slew of small providers, but you may need some sort of corporate structure in place to work with them.

I've bought a number of things on Tindie (the PiDP-11 is now marketed there) and it does have a Maker/Hobbyist vibe to it. It would likely have a smaller but more targeted audience.

This is the problem with small batch hobby products! You think an item will be there later when you need it only to find it is no longer produced (FRAM71 anyone?) I have one of your stands and will have to see what's left on offer...

~Mark

Thanks Mark
I will look into Tindie.
(01-16-2021 12:19 AM)hpchris Wrote: [ -> ]What exactly are you selling?

I (with a German background) cannot make much sense out of "Calculator Stands". Something to put the calculator onto?

regards,
chris

Search for my username on eBay "simpsonde".
I can't post links to eBay here.
(01-15-2021 11:30 PM)twoweims Wrote: [ -> ]1) Is there still interest in these? If so, I will look for another way to sell them that does not violate the forum rules.
I was planning to order these in Faux Granite colored PLA Plastic :
  • 4 x N-Cell battery holder
  • 1 x custom voyager display stand
  • 2 x graphing calculators stand
(01-15-2021 11:30 PM)twoweims Wrote: [ -> ]2) Any suggestions on eBay alternatives.
You could do like Hans and other does, put the ads here, accept PayPal payment and ship it directly.
For international order it means going to the USPS post office and filling up a small export card.

(01-15-2021 11:30 PM)twoweims Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks again to all of you who have supported this endeavor.
Thank you!
(01-16-2021 01:19 PM)Sylvain Cote Wrote: [ -> ]2) Any suggestions on eBay alternatives.

You could do like Hans and other does, put the ads here, accept PayPal payment and ship it directly.
For international order it means going to the USPS post office and filling up a small export card.

I wholeheartedly concur!
(01-15-2021 11:30 PM)twoweims Wrote: [ -> ]2) Any suggestions on eBay alternatives.

3) If there is still interest, I welcome any suggestions for improvements or additions.

Have you considered augmenting your sales by selling the STL files on a platform like Cults3D, MyMiniFactory, or even eBay? That would get you out of the printing and shipping business for at least some of your sales.

Cheers,

Scott
I have managed to work things out with eBay.
I will stay with them for now because they make international shipping easy for me.

I have listed some more stands and currently have:
  • HP-41 Stands - New version with spare N-Cell holders and a new color - Olive Wood.
  • HP-71B Stands - With and without PIL-Box holder.
  • HP-75 Stands - With PIL-Box holder.
  • HP Graphing Calculator Stands - With card shelf and spare AAA-Cell holders and a new color - Obsidian
  • HP Voyager Stands

Just search for my eBay username: simpsonde.

If you recently purchased a FRAM71B for your HP-71B, It will look even snazzier on a new stand! Wink
(02-06-2021 01:56 AM)twoweims Wrote: [ -> ]I have managed to work things out with eBay.
I will stay with them for now because they make international shipping easy for me.

• HP-41 Stands - New version with spare N-Cell holders and a new color - Olive Wood.
  • HP Graphing Calculator Stands - With card shelf and spare AAA-Cell holders and a new color - Obsidian
  • HP Voyager Stands

If you recently purchased a FRAM71B for your HP-71B, It will look even snazzier on a new stand! Wink

Great stands !
I would be interrested in a couple, but are you despatching from the USA ? or Europe ?
(02-06-2021 06:27 PM)Chr Yoko Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-06-2021 01:56 AM)twoweims Wrote: [ -> ]I have managed to work things out with eBay.

• HP Voyager Stands

Great stands !
I would be interrested in a couple, but are you despatching from the USA ? or Europe ?

They ship from the US, But I have/will ship to Europe.
hi, I'd like to order some, but are you able to combine multiple items into one package, to combine shipping costs? At the moment, multiple items in the basket just adds their postal costs.

And would you also consider offering the global shipping option that includes destination import taxes etc?
I have the same question as i would be interrested into 3 stands so far....

Also it maybe possible to find a local 3D-Printing contractor in Europe that could ship to local customers hence avoiding crazy logistics & customs & CO2 un-necessary emissions ?
(02-06-2021 07:17 PM)cdmackay Wrote: [ -> ]hi, I'd like to order some, but are you able to combine multiple items into one package, to combine shipping costs? At the moment, multiple items in the basket just adds their postal costs.

And would you also consider offering the global shipping option that includes destination import taxes etc?

I am not sure how to do this. I am new at eBay International shipping.
OK, thanks anyway.
(01-15-2021 11:30 PM)twoweims Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,

It seems that I am at a crossroads here. I am trying to decide whether to continue making my stands or not.

eBay ie changing some of their terms of service which will require me to jump through more hoops than are worthwhile to jump through and mentioning eBay is actually prohibited here. eBay, however, made it easy for me to manage international shipping with a minimum of effort. Also, my sales have completely flat-lined since December.

I would appreciate your opinions / suggestions:

1) Is there still interest in these? If so, I will look for another way to sell them that does not violate the forum rules.

2) Any suggestions on eBay alternatives.

I still have some stands listed on eBay that I would like to sell before my account goes away. I am just not able to list any more items at this time.
My eBay account is "simpsonde".

If there is sufficient interest, I will search for an alternative platform.

Thanks again to all of you who have supported this endeavor.

I just ordered your HP Graphing Calculator stand Big Grin It's even better than any vintage stands that used to be advertised on, say, EduCalc. There *is* demand, so keep up the good work! Smile

Regards,

Jonathan
Hi all,

I have one of your stands for my HP71B. It is well made and very useful to me to hold my HPIL-Box too. So keep on going.

Regards Erwin
Reference URL's