HP Forums

Full Version: Processing lists on the 50G
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, Happy new year.
Let me ask you a question about lists on the 50g:

How would one go about processing a number of lists such as these ones:

{1 2 3} - might label it x
{0 1 2} - might label it y

Now, what you be the procedure to make another list whose elements are a function f(x,y) such as (1+1/x)*y?

Thank you in advance.

Edit: I am reading the manual (48, not 49). It shows how to do it with one list and using a program, which would be ideal. The problem is how to make the program process two or more lists at once.
(01-01-2021 04:42 AM)EngineerX Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone, Happy new year.

Now, what you be the procedure to make another list whose elements are a function f(x,y) such as (1+1/x)*y?

Thank you in advance.

List processing has been built into RPL starting with the 48G series. If Y is on level 2 of the stack, and X is on level 1 (as their names imply), then:

INV 1 ADD *

will return the result you're looking for. You might want to do SIMPLIFY on the resulting list.
(01-01-2021 04:58 AM)Joe Horn Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-01-2021 04:42 AM)EngineerX Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone, Happy new year.

Thank you in advance.

List processing has been built into RPL starting with the 48G series. If Y is on level 2 of the stack, and X is on level 1 (as their names imply), then:

INV 1 ADD *

will return the result you're looking for. You might want to do SIMPLIFY on the resulting list.

The magician J. Horn. Thank you.
Reference URL's