HP Forums

Full Version: HP 97 latest PCB with blown capacitor : Alive !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I need to celebrate its new Battery Pack (based on NiMh cells) and a new 100% working display thanks to a generous donor from that forum that turned out to be leaving just 3km away... Thanks very much to him !

[Image: 20210206-164920.jpg]

Last remaining point is to fix the magnetic card reader that i had to disconnect because of a strong noise on power-up. But as i do not really need it, it is ok for me ;-)

This 97 is my everyday calculator @ home office, next to my PC. LED display is great under early morning and evening low lights.
Congratulations and nice job!
Thanks you !

I currently use it on low/no Co2 emission projects that will go on mass production from end 2024 till 2030-2031 ;-)

To complete that 97 history : I baught it from its original owner that was working for a bank for the Paris stock exchange floor. It was provided to him by the bank in the 80s as his every day working tool using home/bank made programs for complex financial calculations.
He sold it after retirement as he lost the charger and fried it trying some other chargers ....
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's