HP Forums

Full Version: DM41X OS glitch?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yesterday I plugged in the math-module and did some complex calculations. After that I switched to program mode and was surprised to see the code of a complex function above the first line in program memory. I could scroll through the code but could neither insert nor delete etc. something. After switching the program mode off and on again, the phenomenon was not reproducibly gone. Does anyone have an idea?
Math module programs are user code programs and not microcode, so when you execute a function in the Math module the user program pointer is moved to the Math module, so it's normal to see code from the Math module after calling one of it's programs, and as it is in ROM you cannot Edit/Change it.

However I don't fully understand what you mean by "see the code of a complex function above the first line in program memory" and "After switching the program mode off and on again, the phenomenon was not reproducibly gone".
If you see such behaviour again, it would be good to take a screenshot of the LCD.
(10-23-2020 08:53 AM)Didier Lachieze Wrote: [ -> ]Math module programs are user code programs and not microcode, so when you execute a function in the Math module the user program pointer is moved to the Math module, so it's normal to see code from the Math module after calling one of it's programs, and as it is in ROM you cannot Edit/Change it.
Hi Didier, thanks for your detailed input! As for the FOCAL-functions, ok, I see. But is it really true that the code of the last executed module- (FOCAL-) function remains in main memory?

(10-23-2020 08:53 AM)Didier Lachieze Wrote: [ -> ]However I don't fully understand what you mean by "see the code of a complex function above the first line in program memory" and "After switching the program mode off and on again, the phenomenon was not reproducibly gone".
The code appeared above the 01 .END. REG nnn. After pressing PRG twice (switching program mode off and on again), the display showed the usual
00 REG nnn
01 .END. REG nnn
After that I couldn't force the machine to show that "strange beaviour" again.

(10-23-2020 08:53 AM)Didier Lachieze Wrote: [ -> ]If you see such behaviour again, it would be good to take a screenshot of the LCD.
OK, will do! Thanks for your help in the meantime!
Reference URL's