HP Forums

Full Version: CASIO PB-2000C Language cards.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Back in 2013 I built a couple of prototype replica cards of the BASIC and PROLOG (only ones available by then) languages for the PB-2000C Casio Pocket Computer.

A few weeks ago I received an email from a user interested in this project.

As a result I've retaken the idea and developed a new PCB to build a small production run.

With the help of a well known French forum members who have gathered several other Language ROM images, the current "catalog" includes:

- BASIC
- PROLOG
- C (native for the PB-2000C but optional for its Japaneese sister AI-1000)
- LISP
- CASL
- BASIC+CASL (Combo ROM developed by Piotr Piątek, the Polish guru of Casio PCs)

They're also negotiating with the PASCAL ROM author to include this last language to the list.

If someone is interested in this project please feel free to contact me or post here.

Best regards from the Canary Islands and keep safe. :-)

Diego.
I hate me for selling my Casio PB-2000C with a DL-PASCAL ROM soldered into the unit. It was a perfect product. It has inline Assembler, Debugger, Libraries, Pre-Compiler, etc. The handbook was had EBNF syntax diagrams and was written compliant to ISO 9001 rules. I wish I could get it back.
(09-24-2020 05:02 AM)Diego Diaz Wrote: [ -> ]If someone is interested in this project please feel free to contact me or post here.

Oh, somehow I missed this thread. I most definitely would be interested! Still relevant?
Basic please
(09-24-2020 05:02 AM)Diego Diaz Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,

Back in 2013 I built a couple of prototype replica cards of the BASIC and PROLOG (only ones available by then) languages for the PB-2000C Casio Pocket Computer.

A few weeks ago I received an email from a user interested in this project.

As a result I've retaken the idea and developed a new PCB to build a small production run.

With the help of a well known French forum members who have gathered several other Language ROM images, the current "catalog" includes:

- BASIC
- PROLOG
- C (native for the PB-2000C but optional for its Japaneese sister AI-1000)
- LISP
- CASL
- BASIC+CASL (Combo ROM developed by Piotr Piątek, the Polish guru of Casio PCs)

They're also negotiating with the PASCAL ROM author to include this last language to the list.

If someone is interested in this project please feel free to contact me or post here.

Best regards from the Canary Islands and keep safe. :-)

Diego.

Does the PCB allow reprogramming of the ROM? Or is the storage fixed with one image per PCB?
Hi all,

And thanks for your interest in this (somehow old) project. :-)

I'm currently abroad so new language cards won't be available until I get back home by early June.

The available languages for the PB-2000C are: BASIC, CASL, PROLOG and LISP.

If you happen to have the Japanese AI-1000 version (native LISP) a "C" card is also available.

It's also possible to have BASIC + CASL combined into a single card.

The cards are not reprogrammable. So few languages, that the cost of a programmer and the required adapter will be more than the cost of the whole set.

Price tag is 80Eur/unit and registered shipping is included as usual. 210Eur for three units.

Before you ask; I don't have the PASCAL module nor the code is available, and certainly it's not releasaed to the public domain.

Anyhow, If you are the lucky owner of a PASCAL module and want to have a back-up copy of your valuable card, I'd gladly build one for you if you provide the corresponding binary file.

And, no, I won't spread such binary code, nor I'm copyright police to investigate where did you get it or how do you extracted it.

Just don't want to be sued due to copyright issues.

All the best from the Dominican Republic.

Diego.
Reference URL's