HP Forums

Full Version: Apps delete problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, when I delete custom unnecessary app from my HP Prime, everything is OK, but when I reset calculator, I have back name of deleted app and thumbnail of certain app.

For example: when i deleted Atrolab from calculator, app normaly disappeared from app list. After reset (On + Symb) i have back Astrolab "app", with Function thumbnail. When I open this app, it is plain Function app.

It is normal?

Sorry for my English,
Username
This has been seen on G2 by, at least, two members here: https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-13...ight=Ghost

Last post was from Tim (he works for HP), but no more news.
You could reactivate the above thread by asking your question in it, at this time I haven’t seen people answering or witnessing the same behavior.
Hello,

When you delete the app, then turn the calc OFF then ON, does the problem still show?

Cyrille
Same for me on G2. I reported it. All the custom apps I’ve created come back, and I delete them.
Hello,
I have also Prime G2, if I turn off and on my calculator, "ghost app" is still in app list.
Thanks for informations, if you find a solution, please write a new reply to this thread.

Username
I have the same problem with hp prime G2 with the following specs:
SW: 2.1.14730
HW: D
This happened also to me and I was able to get rid of the ghost application. Though it was some time ago and I forgot the details.

I believe that I did something like combining the deletion and restoring a backup, though I am not sure about the real sequence or if it was a clean backup performed previously. And the ghosts apps never happened again.

I would try something like this:
- remove the application;
- perform a calculator backup;
- restore the backup.

Or if you have a clean backup, restore it.
Reference URL's