HP Forums

Full Version: HP-50G, unit calculations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I was lucky enough to get a NIB 50G for little money :-). Knowing the 48G, I wonder how to get the units into the menu strip, so I can directly calculate with them.

E.g., right shift on a unit divides, left shift converts. Is this possible with the 50G?

Thanks,

Thomas
(05-14-2020 12:43 PM)Thomas Radtke Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I was lucky enough to get a NIB 50G for little money :-). Knowing the 48G, I wonder how to get the units into the menu strip, so I can directly calculate with them.

E.g., right shift on a unit divides, left shift converts. Is this possible with the 50G?

Thanks,

Thomas

It works the same as the 48G. The Units menu is found at [LS] [6].
(05-14-2020 12:48 PM)rprosperi Wrote: [ -> ]It works the same as the 48G. The Units menu is found at [LS] [6].
It brings up a list. How can I directly divide by a unit from that list? I'm only able to multiply if I'm not mistaken.

Edit: Ah, I wasn't aware I can uncheck list boxes! Welcome back, dear soft menu.
(05-14-2020 01:01 PM)Thomas Radtke Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: Ah, I wasn't aware I can uncheck list boxes! Welcome back, dear soft menu.

Some soft menus are sneakily hidden, even when flag -117 is set. For example, the old 48G left-shift Time soft menu (menu 94) is accessed on the 50g by pressing right-shift, and while still holding it down, pressing 9. If you release the shift before pressing 9, you get the 48g right-shift Time choose box menu. Same with the two NUM.SLV menus on right-shift 7. And so on.

All of the 50g's "hidden" menus and key assignments are listed in the AUR's Appendix G (Keyboard Shortcuts) and Appendix H (The Menu-Number Table). Also very useful for learning how to use the 50g efficiently is Appendix I (The Command Menu-Path Table) which shows all the ways to access every command from the keyboard.

Have fun learning the 50g! It takes a while, but it's fun to learn, and the efficiency gained is well worth the time spent learning it.
Thanks, Joe!
Reference URL's