HP Forums

Full Version: TI Nspire CX ii
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just got the TI Nspire CX ii (non CAS)

Is there a way to label axis for each grid line as opposed to only first grid line on x and y axis being labeled (CASIO fx-CG-50 does this nicely).

Is there a way to get some answers to appear as multiples or fractions of pi or as fraction estimates? The TI 36X Pro does so, but I am not seeing this happen on my Nspire.

Amazed to see this calculate definite triple integrals, and differential equations!

I like how on the top left of a graph page, icons for graph page and scratch page allow me to toggle between the 2 with ease.

Nice calculator...not a Prime (glad I have the G2), but glad I took the plunge.
(04-19-2020 02:38 AM)lrdheat Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to label axis for each grid line as opposed to only first grid line on x and y axis being labeled (CASIO fx-CG-50 does this nicely).

I cannot see a way to do that. I guess they figured the screen would be too crowded.

Quote:Is there a way to get some answers to appear as multiples or fractions of pi or as fraction estimates?

see the approxRational() and â–¶approxFraction() functions. (Menu, Number) As far as factions of pi, the best I can suggest is to divide the number by pi and then use one of these functions.

Quote:Amazed to see this calculate definite triple integrals, and differential equations!

Calculators have had this ability for quite some time now.
Thanks!

I had not been aware of non CAS calculators that could do triple integrals!

Was interested to find that the Nspire could handle 10^999.
(04-22-2020 04:54 PM)lrdheat Wrote: [ -> ]I had not been aware of non CAS calculators that could do triple integrals!

I think the non-CAS hp 48 could do nested integrals back in the 90's.

As far as the TI Nspire CX II (non CAS) calculator goes, I suspect it sometimes uses a CAS under the hood, but keeps it hidden from the user. For instance:

On the numeric TI-84+, d/dx (abs(x),x)|x=0 incorrectly returns 0 which makes sense since the calculator is using (f(x+epsillon)-f(x-epsillon)) / (2epsillon) where epsillon=0.001 .

However, the non-CAS Npsire correctly returns "undefined". How would it know that this was undefined unless it did some sort of CAS operation? Or maybe I'm just not thinking about this correctly. (It's been known to happen.)
Reference URL's