HP Forums

Full Version: How to make the menu keys work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,
With "DRAWMENU" I can create a menu on the screen. But how can I make those menu keys work? In the HP-48 and HP50 you had this structure: { {"Menukey1" << Program1 >> }{"Menukey2" << Program2 >>} ......}. In other words, how do you connect a program to a menu key? I can't find anything about it in the manual. Please send me an answer so that I can continue programming. Sincerely, Karel.
(02-21-2020 10:54 PM)cahlucas Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,
With "DRAWMENU" I can create a menu on the screen. But how can I make those menu keys work? In the HP-48 and HP50 you had this structure: { {"Menukey1" << Program1 >> }{"Menukey2" << Program2 >>} ......}. In other words, how do you connect a program to a menu key? I can't find anything about it in the manual. Please send me an answer so that I can continue programming. Sincerely, Karel.

Bonjour

DRAWMENU ne sert que pendant l'exécution d'un programme.
On ne peut pas faire de menus personnalisé dans Home pour le moment.

Hello

DRAWMENU is only used during the execution of a program.
Custom menus cannot be made in Home at the moment.
(02-21-2020 10:54 PM)cahlucas Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,

Please have a look at https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-2815.html,
there in the program example (Setting calculator's auto shutoff, by Wolfgang) you can find the usage of menu handling.
Dear Thomas,
Thank you very much for your response! I have taken a quick look at the code for the auto shutoff program, and I will be using it soon. I hope it will help, but I have a good feeling that it will work. Soon I will let you know what my experience with this program is. Sincerely, Karel.
Reference URL's