HP Forums

Full Version: HP Prime does a soft reboot whenever I set it down
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Last month, I've bought a HP Prime G2 calculator from my local Best Buy and I've now noticed that whenever I set it down on the table, it does a soft reboot. What do I mean by this? The calculator's screen turns black and then half a second later it turns back on. Sometime it shows the HP logo before turning back on. Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a way to fix this, or will I have to contact HP to get a replacement? Thank you.
Your battery is losing connection. A very simple fix is to open the battery door (two small screws on the back, will in no way void warranty) and check if there is a strip of foam on the inside to "press" the battery down. It might have been missed. If it was not, put a few pieces of tape on the inside of the door to press it down/in more and I bet the issue goes away. Battery sizes are never 100% identical and yours might be slightly thinner in a dimension.

A tiny bit of padding to push the connections more firmly to the pins (or a tiny roll of paper at the bottom to push it upwards) to the top to ensure it does not wiggle in there and you can close it up and never worry about it again. Smile
(01-28-2020 03:12 AM)Tim Wessman Wrote: [ -> ]Your battery is losing connection. A very simple fix is to open the battery door (two small screws on the back, will in no way void warranty) and check if there is a strip of foam on the inside to "press" the battery down. It might have been missed. If it was not, put a few pieces of tape on the inside of the door to press it down/in more and I bet the issue goes away. Battery sizes are never 100% identical and yours might be slightly thinner in a dimension.

A tiny bit of padding to push the connections more firmly to the pins (or a tiny roll of paper at the bottom to push it upwards) to the top to ensure it does not wiggle in there and you can close it up and never worry about it again. Smile

I bought a clone Samsung Galaxy S3 battery (normal size) for my HP Prime G1 HW A
and it works okay (date & time were synced from my PC)
No clap or jiggle using the original HP battery nor using the weird clone battery.
(I wanted a spare battery for my exam)
Thank you so much!!!
Reference URL's