HP Forums

Full Version: Downgrade to previous version after upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I see HP Prime is having new firmware update (20200121). Currently I use 2018-10-16. If I upgrade to the new version 20200121 and for some reason wants to go back to previous version (2018-10-16), is it possible ? If so, how to downgrade to previous version?
hello,

Yes, you can downgrade.
To do so, you need to keep a copy of the current file, it is normally located in My Documents\HP Connectivity Kit\Firmware\G1 or G2 depending on the type of HW that you are using.

Make a copy of said directory (or zip it up)...
When you want to downgrade, just put back the original file and do the normal upgrade procedure to downgrade your calc to that file.
Cyrille
(01-27-2020 06:04 AM)cyrille de brébisson Wrote: [ -> ]hello,

Yes, you can downgrade.
To do so, you need to keep a copy of the current file, it is normally located in My Documents\HP Connectivity Kit\Firmware\G1 or G2 depending on the type of HW that you are using.

Make a copy of said directory (or zip it up)...
When you want to downgrade, just put back the original file and do the normal upgrade procedure to downgrade your calc to that file.
Cyrille

I have copied \HP Connectivity Kit\Firmware\G1
to \HP Connectivity Kit\OLD\Firmware\G1
(and \HP Connectivity Kit\OLDER\Firmware\G1)
VPN
Got it. Thank you very much.
I think it does not remove it from the Temp directory actually...

So you probably have copies in there.
I just tried upgrade my HP prime G2 with the following steps:
1) upgrade myHP connectivity kit from HP website (connectivity kit Built 2.1.14425 (2020 1 16)
2) Connect my calculator with computer (Windows 10)
3) Start HP connectivity kit
4) Go to Help > Update Calculator
5) It prompted me the screen for update to 2018-10-16. (not 2020-01-21!). i proceeded upgrade and get 2018-10-16 version.

how can I get the update to 2020-01-16?
(01-27-2020 08:35 AM)Tim Wessman Wrote: [ -> ]I think it does not remove it from the Temp directory actually...

So you probably have copies in there.

Old versions are also here:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/calculators/Prime/Archive/
Thank you. I got files from http://ftp.hp.com with successful upgrade.
Reference URL's