HP Forums

Full Version: Totally unrelated...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...to calculators but somehow I believe there will be a public for that video here
Wonder if he is fed with intravenous injections...
For God sake, I just can't believe the guy recorded himself 8h solving a Pentamix.
(05-28-2014 08:24 PM)Tugdual Wrote: [ -> ]...to calculators but somehow I believe there will be a public for that video here
Wonder if he is fed with intravenous injections...
For God sake, I just can't believe the guy recorded himself 8h solving a Pentamix.

Amazing... Smile
I always wonder how these guys can solve 3x3 Rubik cubes in a matter of a few seconds... in the 80's I have finally "fixed" mine by just opening it with a screwdriver!
I think a 1x1x2 is about the biggest I can handle without a solution guide.
(05-30-2014 02:53 PM)Dave Britten Wrote: [ -> ]I think a 1x1x2 is about the biggest I can handle without a solution guide.
Lol. Well with the 3x3x3 I did learn by heart an algorithm to show off when I was a teenager. But I can't say I actually solved any of those things :-)
This video documents eight hours wasted in the life of a genius.
(05-31-2014 07:49 AM)Thomas Radtke Wrote: [ -> ]This video documents eight hours wasted in the life of a genius.
Would you still call him a genius after that ?
(05-31-2014 07:49 AM)Thomas Radtke Wrote: [ -> ]This video documents eight hours wasted in the life of a genius.

Your 8 hours or his 8 hours, genius? :-)

(SCNR)
Wish I could solve such puzzles, Alex. Of course, instead of toying my time away, I'd rather find a solution for a stable economy, an eternal source of energy and a cure for cancer ;-).
(06-04-2014 05:36 AM)Thomas Radtke Wrote: [ -> ]... I'd rather find a solution for a stable economy, an eternal source of energy and a cure for cancer ;-).

... and eternal youth - no, that would be boring, so let me vote for repeated youth Wink

d:-)
(05-30-2014 03:10 PM)Tugdual Wrote: [ -> ]Lol. Well with the 3x3x3 I did learn by heart an algorithm to show off when I was a teenager. But I can't say I actually solved any of those things :-)
Check out this little beauty solving the 3x3x3, OK she takes over two minutes to do it but . . .
(07-02-2014 09:00 PM)Curlytop Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-30-2014 03:10 PM)Tugdual Wrote: [ -> ]Lol. Well with the 3x3x3 I did learn by heart an algorithm to show off when I was a teenager. But I can't say I actually solved any of those things :-)
Check out this little beauty solving the 3x3x3, OK she takes over two minutes to do it but . . .

Wow, what a talent. I admit I can't compete.

d:-)
(06-04-2014 05:36 AM)Thomas Radtke Wrote: [ -> ]Wish I could solve such puzzles, Alex. Of course, instead of toying my time away, I'd rather find a solution for a stable economy,

Capitalism, not government interference, taxes, and laws in the form of regulations

(06-04-2014 05:36 AM)Thomas Radtke Wrote: [ -> ]an eternal source of energy

Enthusiam, hope, and joie de vivre

(06-04-2014 05:36 AM)Thomas Radtke Wrote: [ -> ]and a cure for cancer

No smoking and no laboratory experiments disguised as food. No preservatives, no additives, no stabilizers, no flavor enhancers, no food colorants, no problem!

Oh yeah, and horses, not buses.
(07-03-2014 06:56 AM)HP67 Wrote: [ -> ]No smoking and no laboratory experiments disguised as food. No preservatives, no additives, no stabilizers, no flavor enhancers, no food colorants, no problem!

Oh yeah, and horses, not buses.
And no viruses. My Hodgkin's Desease is likely caused by a virus. But thanks for some ideas. I'm waiting for Diesel cars to become forbidden before getting a horse.

You also forgot: No alcohol. Tounge cancer et al. kill at least life quality.
(07-03-2014 08:26 AM)Thomas Radtke Wrote: [ -> ]And no viruses. My Hodgkin's Desease is likely caused by a virus.

If people were not bombarded with chemicals and food additives they would probably be healthier.

Sorry to hear about your ailment. Best wishes for your good health Smile

(07-03-2014 08:26 AM)Thomas Radtke Wrote: [ -> ]But thanks for some ideas. I'm waiting for Diesel cars to become forbidden before getting a horse.

Diesel is probably a lot healthier than gasoline.

(07-03-2014 08:26 AM)Thomas Radtke Wrote: [ -> ]You also forgot: No alcohol.

Absolute

ly NOT! Wink
(07-03-2014 11:08 AM)HP67 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-03-2014 08:26 AM)Thomas Radtke Wrote: [ -> ]And no viruses. My Hodgkin's Desease is likely caused by a virus.

If people were not bombarded with chemicals and food additives they would probably be healthier.

Don't forget 7 billion people being a really attractive market for viruses. A 500 MT habitat to be conquered. ;) And large scale probabilities are difficult to put on the few people each of us knows.

d:-/
(07-03-2014 11:08 AM)HP67 Wrote: [ -> ]Diesel is probably a lot healthier than gasoline.
Maybe, but we're not talking about drinking it. The WHO classifies Diesel exhaust as carcinogen. Instead of speculating about gasoline, we should get things out of our lives that are *known* to cause cancer, right? :-)
(07-03-2014 03:00 PM)Thomas Radtke Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-03-2014 11:08 AM)HP67 Wrote: [ -> ]Diesel is probably a lot healthier than gasoline.
Maybe, but we're not talking about drinking it. The WHO classifies Diesel exhaust as carcinogen. Instead of speculating about gasoline, we should get things out of our lives that are *known* to cause cancer, right? :-)

Absolutely.
(07-03-2014 03:00 PM)Thomas Radtke Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe, but we're not talking about drinking it.

Oh, that's different then.

(07-03-2014 03:00 PM)Thomas Radtke Wrote: [ -> ]The WHO classifies Diesel exhaust as carcinogen.

The WHO is about as trustworthy as the UN. Which is to say on a scale of 1 to 10 they owe points. The last thing the world needs is a political agenda in medical advice, policy, etc. The UN kills more people than diesel fuel and gasoline combined. With the UN gone everybody would be healthier.
(07-04-2014 02:54 PM)HP67 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-03-2014 03:00 PM)Thomas Radtke Wrote: [ -> ]The WHO classifies Diesel exhaust as carcinogen.

The WHO is about as trustworthy as the UN. Which is to say on a scale of 1 to 10 they owe points. The last thing the world needs is a political agenda in medical advice, policy, etc. The UN kills more people than diesel fuel and gasoline combined. With the UN gone everybody would be healthier.

Now you're getting off-topic. I can claim with the same right that your statement applies to another Ux but I won't - let's stop here.

d:-/
I'm closing this thread. Yes, it's Not Remotely HP Calculators, which is fine, but now it's getting offensive.
Reference URL's