HP Forums

Full Version: Is multi-quote not working, or am I just doing something stupid?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Remember when we all complained about having to spend $100 a month for 200+ cable channels we never watched, and how nice it would be to buy channels a-la-carte? Wink
(01-10-2020 01:50 PM)rprosperi Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-10-2020 09:55 AM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote: [ -> ]Available on Amazon Prime here, and there too, I bet...

Sadly, it is not available on Amazon Prime is US. There has been much public criticism of CBS for this selfish decision, and hopes that continued outcry will coerce CBS to bring it to Amazon here, but so far no luck...

Time for a VPN... Wink
(01-10-2020 01:50 PM)rprosperi Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-10-2020 09:55 AM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote: [ -> ]Available on Amazon Prime here, and there too, I bet...

Sadly, it is not available on Amazon Prime is US. There has been much public criticism of CBS for this selfish decision, and hopes that continued outcry will coerce CBS to bring it to Amazon here, but so far no luck...

Just finished watching Episode 1: unexpected quality!
And we've already had Romulans, Synths, family ties and Borgs, en passant...
(01-24-2020 01:01 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote: [ -> ]Just finished watching Episode 1: unexpected quality!

Sure, sure, rub it in... I've heard nothing but good things. I may have to give in...
(01-24-2020 01:46 PM)rprosperi Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-24-2020 01:01 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote: [ -> ]Just finished watching Episode 1: unexpected quality!

Sure, sure, rub it in... I've heard nothing but good things. I may have to give in...

Maybe a VPN really is all that is needed...
Dave - Can the multi-quote feature please be restored? I believe no one really wanted it to go away, and despite recognizing that ST:TNG reference, I can easily see how it could have been interpreted to mean it should be removed.

No rush for this, next time you need to twist some of the other knobs is fine, nothing timely about it.

Thanks.
(01-30-2020 12:40 AM)rprosperi Wrote: [ -> ]Dave - Can the multi-quote feature please be restored? I believe no one really wanted it to go away, and despite recognizing that ST:TNG reference, I can easily see how it could have been interpreted to mean it should be removed.

Hopefully this one is less ambiguous. Big Grin

[Image: make_it_so.jpg]
Awesome Joe!

As a funny aside, I saw that exact ST:TNG episode on the day you posted that. Creative alien weirdness. 1st time I saw it, I never expected them to stun Geordi. Good twist, made them more interesting.
Please reinstate the multi-quote feature, if possible, it's extremely useful.
@DAVE HICKS

Can you please re-enable the mutli-quote feature?

This feature is quite useful and handy, and I'm sure most frequent contributors would appreciate having it back.

Unfortunately, I think you misunderstood Joe Horn's Star Trek post. It could indeed be casually read to mean please remove the feature, but if you were familiar with that particular episode, you would know that this is actually a plea to make it work the way it used to work (i.e. put it back like it was).

Please?

Thanks!
(My highlights, not Bob's)

(04-12-2021 08:17 PM)rprosperi Wrote: [ -> ]@DAVE HICKS

Can you please re-enable the mutli-quote feature?

This feature is quite useful and handy and I'm sure most frequent contributors would appreciate having it back.

Unfortunately, I think you misunderstood Joe Horn's Star Trek post [...] this is actually a plea to make it work the way it used to work (i.e. put it back like it was).

Please?

Thanks!

+1 to all the above.

Frankly, Mr. Hicks, I don't understand what's the purpose of this "Forum issues" forum if we alert you to something that used to work perfctly and now it's going wrong, expecting you to fix it, and instead of doing that you then go on and remove the useful feature, apparently based on some stupid misunderstanding.

And to add insult to injury, you ignore all people, myself included (and also including Mr. Prosperi, a Super Moderator) explaining the misunderstanding and/or pleading you to fix it, and after a full year has elapsed not only didn't you restore the removed functionality but you haven't even bothered to reply or give any kind of reason.

Is this the way you're going to manage this Forum issues forum ? Administrative silence ?

Matter of fact I did use the removed feature quite a lot and it saved me a lot of work when replying to the multiple people posting to my threads, like the latest two I recently opened, so I'd really welcome its restoration.

V.
The feature stopped working, I don't know why and there was a setting to turn it on or off. (I remembered because there was some discussion about whether to keep it during alpha testing as it seemed a little new, unusual, confusing at the time.) So, I turned it off to prevent people from getting frustrated with it.

I ran into something similar with Google where someone found a bug in a feature and they removed the feature. It took them a couple of years to go from bug report to feature removed and they still haven't put out a version with the working feature so, I may not be perfect but I'm quicker than a bazillion dollar company!

I do think I will take a look at it someday. I want to get the HTML 1 to 5 conversion all done before I forget the process. The rest of that is still happening as I get time. Since I moved my parents here, things have been a little different. Dad (who is 94) and I are planning to start building a radio-control airplane. Dad has done this all his life – though not lately, and he can't see well, or stand at a typical building bench, so we're figuring that out. I fly them but have never built them so I'm hoping dad can impart some fraction of decades of building wisdom. Today another friend who is much younger than my dad died, so that helps me keep the priorities straight.

I also took an unpaid treasury/secretary job before moving my parents here and with some relief I expected to be able to step down from that last year, but the president asked us all to stay on and not leave during the pandemic and I foolishly agreed.

Hopefully at least some of the questions in this forum have been resolved! But even support forums for paid products and services from big companies don't manage to solve everything in the time anyone wants.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's