HP Forums

Full Version: What a wonderful year...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The end of the year is always the moment to think about what happen during the year and, thinking about my calculators collection I can say it has been a very successful year!

This year I found some very interesting things for my calculators because I focused on finding manuals written in Italian. While I normally read English manuals because they are generally more accurate than translations I have to say that I found some pretty old and interesting manuals in Italian in 2019:
- hp71b manuale operativo (operative manual)
- Hp71b manuale di riferimento (reference manual)
- hp41 modulo temporizzatore (time module)
- hp41 ingegneria meccanica (mech engineering)
- hp41 estensione memoria (X-mem and X-func)
- hp41 lettore ottico (wand)
- hp41 hp-IL
- hp48 manuale di uso e programmazione (srs Software)

On top of this when the year was very close to completion (last week ;+), I was very happy to win on TAS an hp48 card for civil engineering from an Italian company called ‘Più Impresa’.

While I wish you a very pleasant happy new year, please tell what you found for your collection in 2019.

Happy new year,

Giancarlo

P.s. please don’t ask for a scanned versions. The scanner is a 2020 project...
Hello Giancarlo,

I wish you a great, healthy and happy new year! ... and to all the forum users as well. Smile

(12-31-2019 02:38 PM)Giancarlo Wrote: [ -> ]... please tell what you found for your collection in 2019.

On the colection side, this year was a slow one. This is what I acquired this year: (n = several)
  • HP-67 _: n x 67/97 Solution Books (I now have 39 of the 40 solutions books made by HP)
  • HP-67 _: 1 x 67/97 Surveying Pac 1 (I now have all pacs with original box and content)
  • HP-41C : n x 41C, CV & CX
  • HP-41C : n x 41C memory modules (for personal hardware projects)
  • HP-41C : 1 x 82153A wand box (completing another HP-41C wand kit)
  • HP-41C : 1 x 41 Users Library August 1983 Software Catalog which include the last HP Key Notes Aug 1983 V8 N2 in color (thank you Robert)
  • HP-41C : 1 x Racetrack Calculator Module & the associated book Beat The Racetrack
  • HP-41C : 1 x Financial Planner Executive Financial Manual
  • HP-41C : 1 x SUP-R-ROM Module with Manual
  • HP-41C : 1 x Log Analysis ROM Module with Manual
  • HP-41C : 1 x 16K ZEPROM with Surveying ROM in it (another one, I still need to make an image of all my Surveying ZEPROM's)
  • HP-41C : 1 x HePaX original box & manual (unfortunately missing the HePaX module but I filled it with a NoV-64 module as a replacement)
  • HP-41C : 1 x W&W HP-41CY TURBO (now fully working, thanks to Jürgen solution)
  • HP-41C : 1 x Bausparkasse Schwäbisch Hall EPROM Box with all the documentations
  • HP-41C : 1 x Transfer/41 for MS-DOS (thank you Bruce for providing the missing software)
  • HP-41C : 1 x NoV-64d module (collection of Diego Diaz modules is now complete)
  • HP-41C : 1 x 41CL v5 with Time Module (my seventh one)
  • HP-71B : 1 x 71B 1BBBB (yes another one)
  • HP-71B : 1 x Forth/Assembler module
  • HP-75D : 1 x 75D (yep another one)
  • HP-75D : 1 x 92267A Barcode Wand (thank you Robert)
  • HP-IL _ : 1 x 6632A System Digital DC Power Supply 0-20V/0-5A, 100W (with HP-IL interface)
  • HP-32S : 1 x 32SII (replacement unit for the one in my collection that died)
  • HP-48 _: 1 x 48S (replacement unit for the one in my collection that died)
  • HP-48 _: 1 x 82210A 41CV Emulator Card Pac manual for HP-48SX (kit is now complete: card, overlay, manual & box)
  • HP-48 _: 1 x GRID 1MB BLANK RAM Card for HP-48GX
  • Special : 1 x HP watch - not the HP-01 Sad
Sylvain
It was a fruitful year for my small collection.

I was losing hope of finding a working HP 67 in decent cosmetic condition and at a reasonable cost, and this year I eventually found two of them in this state! This is certainly the acquisition of which I'm the most proud.

I also pruchased several non-HP calculators:
- Sharp PC-E500S with standard 32KB RAM, very cheap.
- Sharp PC-E500S with built-in 256KB RAM.
- TI 92 Plus
- TI Voyage 200
- Casio FX 9860G Slim (second one)
- Casio FX CG50 (I have also the white version: Graph 90+E)

To be complete, I should mention several slide rules in pristine condition (Pickett N3-T, Pickett N4-ES, K&E Deci-Lon…), and a very nice mechanical calculator Walther WSR 160 (the second one for me).

Happy new year Smile
Only picked up a 28S (as per previous post) do not really collect (but am going to start) and although I have a few machines I generally make a lot of use from them as working tools.

This year will pick up another 28S hopefully.
Reference URL's