HP Forums

Full Version: Algebraic form
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, is it possible to convert any complex equation or expression to algebraic form ( z = a + ib ) ?
Currently, when i type my expression the result doesn't make two different parts (real and im)

Thank you Smile
(12-12-2019 10:35 PM)What_Else Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, is it possible to convert any complex equation or expression to algebraic form ( z = a + ib ) ?
Currently, when i type my expression the result doesn't make two different parts (real and im)

Thank you Smile

Can you share your input expression?
You can input as eg:
a+i*b or a+ib or (a,b)

This thread shows how to convert from polar <> rect in home screen
https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-11384.html
(12-12-2019 10:35 PM)What_Else Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, is it possible to convert any complex equation or expression to algebraic form ( z = a + ib ) ?

Thank you Smile

Settings on the [looks like a house] HOME key in Shifted blue
Offers
Complex: a+b*i
(12-16-2019 01:39 PM)CyberAngel Wrote: [ -> ]

Thank you Smile

Settings on the [looks like a house] HOME key in Shifted blue
Offers
Complex: a+b*i

In the latest release ( at least on the android app which I have to hand) it says instead
Complex: See Symbolic setup
And in symbolic setup:
[attachment=7930]
Which controls whether real input can create complex output rather than the format of the Complex number. Not sure where that option went?
I have this:

[attachment=7931]
(12-16-2019 05:05 PM)chromos Wrote: [ -> ]I have this:

Weird, I have this
[attachment=7932][attachment=7933]
You need switch Function Symbolic Setup > Complex to System.
(12-16-2019 06:02 PM)chromos Wrote: [ -> ]You need switch Function Symbolic Setup > Complex to System.

Thanks!
Reference URL's