HP Forums

Full Version: Woodstock Battery Door Hell...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I’ve got two Woodstocks(HP25) and I’ve replaced the batteries and springs, and now I can’t seem to get the battery doors back on either of them. I followed the instructions in the manual (insert 'arrow' end first, then press down on the latch end to close), but the latch end won’t engage. If I insert the latch end first, I can push the battery holder down and engage the latch, but then the 'arrow' end flaps loose. If the cover isn't on properly, the display starts wigging out...

It seems to me there should be two tabs at the 'arrow' end to engage the two holes there, but neither of the 25s has them. The 3D-printed replacement that I got on Thingiverse has the tabs, but I can't get that in, either...

[Image: 49187618328_664c40a3d5_c.jpg]

Is there something that I’m missing?
Modern NiMH rechargeables are often significantly larger than standard AA cells, except for (in my experience) Panasonic Eneloops. It could simply be that your new cells are simply too big. Those Eneloops are the only rechargeables that actually fit in my HP 95LX, for example.
Thanks... Hm. You're right... the new NiMHs are longer and fatter. I put in some Duracell non-rechargeables, and it was still a struggle, but the door has gone on and the display is stable. The ‘arrow' end still looks like it could fit better...

I’ve just ordered some Eneloops...
Reference URL's