HP Forums

Full Version: [Update - G1, Android] Public Beta Availiable - Win/Mac/Linux/Firmware/Android/iOS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Thanks to the entire HP development team!

I feel like a teenager discovering that his favorite band is about to release a new album after a long period of research.

The update of this beta version (virtual calc + connectivity kit on windows 10 pro - 1903 + firmware on G2 calculator) was carried out without the slightest problem in a perfect way.

All of my programs and applications in place (relatively little, though) work just as well as before.

Mr. Tim, Parisse, Cyrille ... It's a real pleasure to receive some nice news from you.

Thank you again for your contributions to the development of this amazing and incredible HP Prime.

Good day to all members of this list.
Hello Tim,
thank you very much. Now it works perfect as allways!
For now: no reset, no strange behavior and I can recall backups and copy programs with the connKit.

The "Python-App" showed a terminal which has a look and feel like a python-shell. Was this a (usually not for the public) preview for using native python on the Prime? For now we have the #cas-pragma for using python. And this is already perfect, because you can use functions defined everywhere - like all the other PPL-exported functions.

Again, thanks a lot to all of the HP Prime Team.

Frank
Hello,

The link for the android beta is now available also.
(10-28-2019 02:03 PM)dg1969 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks to the entire HP development team!

I feel like a teenager discovering that his favorite band is about to release a new album after a long period of research.

Same for me! Big Grin
(10-29-2019 05:29 AM)pinkman Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-28-2019 02:03 PM)dg1969 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks to the entire HP development team!

Same for me! Big Grin

and same for me (after a long time) Smile
greetings to Tim and all of the ...band

Salvo
(10-28-2019 04:02 AM)Tim Wessman Wrote: [ -> ]Yes! An incorrect G1 release that was NOT the one tested got uploaded to Eric.

Anyone who installed that prior one, please delete it and put the new one just updated on. You will have extreme instability and lose data using that other one. Sad

I'm well aware that no one in the HP calculator team will acknowledge this matter beyond "Nothing to see here, move along" (and possibly large-scale use of Neuralyzers as part of the cover-up), but I do wonder: given the clues left behind, TI-Planet reports a MicroPython implementation along with mentions of numpy/mathplotlib/etc. Why not CPython? Both G1 and G2 models are more than capable of running the real deal hardware-wise, the license seems compatible...

I'm just sayin', maybe it would be easier to start with CPython+numpy and cut things down than to start with MicroPython and reinvent/reimplement a ludicrous amount of stuff. At the very least, the end result would certainly pack a heck of a punch, especially on the G2.
(10-30-2019 05:58 PM)Jean-Baptiste Boric Wrote: [ -> ]I'm just sayin', maybe it would be easier to start with CPython+numpy and cut things down than to start with MicroPython and reinvent/reimplement a ludicrous amount of stuff. At the very least, the end result would certainly pack a heck of a punch, especially on the G2.

I'd much rather use CPython than MicroPython. By including either one, HP could get a toehold in French schools where Python is king! Maybe they could beat the other calculators such as Numworks or Casio fx-CG50 which also include MicroPython.
(10-30-2019 05:58 PM)Jean-Baptiste Boric Wrote: [ -> ]Why not CPython? Both G1 and G2 models are more than capable of running the real deal hardware-wise, the license seems compatible...

How big are the binaries? How big are all the libraries people want to include? How much RAM will basic running take?

There is a reason you don't see full python on memory constrained systems which - yes - both caculators qualify as...
I wouldn't say that I've tested exhaustively, but so far I haven't run into any issues with the CAS on the HP Prime Pro iOS app.
(10-31-2019 03:58 AM)DMaier Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't say that I've tested exhaustively, but so far I haven't run into any issues with the CAS on the HP Prime Pro iOS app.

Same for me. Smile

But Advanced Graphing is a real crash generator.
(10-31-2019 05:18 PM)pinkman Wrote: [ -> ]But Advanced Graphing is a real crash generator.

???
Every time I use Advanced Graphing, it takes from 1 to 5 minutes to crash the App. I just use it, the way you would. I sent you two bug reports by mail on Monday, I also sent the Apple bug report (don’t know where it goes).
I confirm this very strange behaviour:
the Advanced Graphing app on both iPhone and iPad crashes after a few minutes of using it, in a non reproducible way: I just selected the AG app, went to the help, read it, selected the example, plotted it, played with the different menu options, entered again in the help, returned to the plot, touched the trace key and the app crashed closing the calculator.
I am trying again and again to understand if there is a reproducible pattern but couldn’t find it yet
Bonjour
Sur la calculatrice physique G2 il y a un problème avec le changement d'unité d'angle depuis l'écran d'accueil depuis les radians vers les degrés.
Par contre cela fonctionne pour degrés vers radians.
J'ai signalé sur calclbeta
Hello
On the G2 physical calculator there is a problem with changing the angle unit from the home screen from the radians to the degrees.
However, it works for degrees to radians.
I reported on calclbeta
(11-01-2019 10:50 AM)Tyann Wrote: [ -> ]On the G2 physical calculator there is a problem with changing the angle unit from the home screen from the radians to the degrees.
However, it works for degrees to radians.

Neither of my G2 units exhibit that problem, when the angle icon is tapped exactly in the correct place. If you tap slightly to the right of the degree icon, the angle mode does not change.
Re the Advanced Graphing crash issues, I found a way to reproduce it, but still no idea about what could cause it:
select the AG app, press Help, press Example, press Enter twice to copy the example function to V1, press Plot to show the plotted function.
Then press Symb, Plot, Num, Plot and continue this cycle for about one and a half minute, the AG app will crash closing the calculator.
Hope it can help the developers to find a cause and a solution
(11-01-2019 04:09 PM)Joe Horn Wrote: [ -> ]Neither of my G2 units exhibit that problem, when the angle icon is tapped exactly in the correct place. If you tap slightly to the right of the degree icon, the angle mode does not change.

I don't have particularly "fat fingers" but it often takes me several attempts at tapping the radian/degree icons before I finally hit the right spot. I wonder if tap area could be increased.
(11-01-2019 04:09 PM)Joe Horn Wrote: [ -> ]Neither of my G2 units exhibit that problem, when the angle icon is tapped exactly in the correct place. If you tap slightly to the right of the degree icon, the angle mode does not change.

Bonjour

Effectivement cela fonctionne, mais l'espace pour cocher est plus restreint que sur ma G1
qui n'est pas mise à jour.
Sans doute à cause de l'ajout du Wifi à droite.
Merci Joe.

Hello

Indeed it works, but the space to check is smaller than on my G1
that is not updated.
Probably because of the addition of Wifi on the right.
Thank you, Joe.
(11-02-2019 04:40 AM)Wes Loewer Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't have particularly "fat fingers" but it often takes me several attempts at tapping the radian/degree icons before I finally hit the right spot. I wonder if tap area could be increased.

Thought it was pretty big already... guess needs a tweak.
Tim, do you still have a copy of the old update that we were supposed to replace immediately? I'd like it for historical purposes!
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's