HP Forums

Full Version: HELP on TI-59 Module
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi to everyone,

Recently I bought two modules on ebay: Statistics and Real Estate.

When I checked the contacts of the two modules I realized that they were oxidized, I tried to scratch them to remove the oxide.

When I tried the Real Estate module, when I executed the 2nd PGM 01 operation, a fading C appeared on the left.

Same behavior also with the Statistics module.

Once I was able to run the diagnostics on the Real Estate module in a positive way by looking at a number 3 on the display (module number).

I tried to compare the contacts of the Master Module with the contacts of the RE and ST modules, I noticed that in the latter the contacts are smaller.

The Master Module works correctly.

Oxidation and smaller contacts could cause the problem of not reading the form?

I enclose photo contact forms.

I thank you in advance for your suggestions.

[attachment=7725]

[attachment=7726]
(10-15-2019 08:48 AM)Doctor_Jacek Wrote: [ -> ]Hi to everyone,

Recently I bought two modules on ebay: Statistics and Real Estate.

When I checked the contacts of the two modules I realized that they were oxidized, I tried to scratch them to remove the oxide.

When I tried the Real Estate module, when I executed the 2nd PGM 01 operation, a fading C appeared on the left.

Same behavior also with the Statistics module.

Once I was able to run the diagnostics on the Real Estate module in a positive way by looking at a number 3 on the display (module number).

I tried to compare the contacts of the Master Module with the contacts of the RE and ST modules, I noticed that in the latter the contacts are smaller.

The Master Module works correctly.

Oxidation and smaller contacts could cause the problem of not reading the form?

I enclose photo contact forms.

I thank you in advance for your suggestions.

The dimmed C means a program is running. How long does the manual say the operation should take? If you don't have the manuals, you can get them here:

Datamath.org

Do the modules pass their diagnostic?

Code:
2nd
PGM 01
SBR =

A single number should be displayed and not flashing. If you have a PC-100 or 100A printer attached, the name of the module should be printed along with the same number shown in the display.
Hi Toml,

If you look at the pictures the Master Module contacts are bigger than the statistics module, I think this is the problem.

In fact, selecting only 2nd PGM 01 appears a vanishing C, this means that it does not load the program.

Retrying several times both with the Statistics module and the Real Estate module, without completely closing the support, I managed to make the values appear:
RE module 2nd PGM 01 SBR = -> 3
ST module 2nd PGM 01 SBR = -> 2

This confirms that CROMs are working ..

Unfortunately the situation is not definitive because when the CROM slot is closed the calculator does not read the modules.

I wanted to know if any of the Ti-59 / T58c users have encountered a similar problem on the CROM contacts.

Thanks
My TI-58C would sometimes act strange when I put the Master Module in. Sometimes it would run programs, sometimes it would act strange or even lock up. I found that gently bending the contacts on the calculator's main board up a little helped the module make better contact and work fine. Might bend them up gently, one at a time and see if that helps.
Reference URL's