HP Forums

Full Version: My HP PRIME won't turn on. Flash corrupted? Died?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm new here in the forum and I have been researching for several months. Until then no solution. As a last try, I decided to post my problem, if I can't solve it, I'll have to give up the calculator.

I have this calculator, it came from a friend (it didn't work) for me to try to pack up and use for engineering college.

Calculating it does not turn on .... does not give any signals. I've searched several websites, all the step-by-step reset, keystrokes, and non-life calculator.

The battery has 3.7V charge. I plugged in the usb cable and measured it at various points on the pcb and found 3.31v on the test point next to the flash memory. Who makes you think that power is coming to FLASH.

Is there anything that can be done? Is there any way to test the flash? Or try to record it, without using the HP PIRME interface, since it won't turn on .... nor recognize from the connectivity software.

If you can help me, I will be extremely grateful.

Thanks.

PS Forgive me if I was not very clear, but I am using a translator to write.
(09-15-2019 08:30 PM)phq1910 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I'm new here in the forum and I have been researching for several months. Until then no solution. As a last try, I decided to post my problem, if I can't solve it, I'll have to give up the calculator.

I have this calculator, it came from a friend (it didn't work) for me to try to pack up and use for engineering college.

Calculating it does not turn on .... does not give any signals. I've searched several websites, all the step-by-step reset, keystrokes, and non-life calculator.

The battery has 3.7V charge. I plugged in the usb cable and measured it at various points on the pcb and found 3.31v on the test point next to the flash memory. Who makes you think that power is coming to FLASH.

Is there anything that can be done? Is there any way to test the flash? Or try to record it, without using the HP PIRME interface, since it won't turn on .... nor recognize from the connectivity software.

If you can help me, I will be extremely grateful.

Thanks.

PS Forgive me if I was not very clear, but I am using a translator to write.

The only thing that comes to mind is to connect a JTAG adapter and see if the CPU is alive, perhaps you can rewrite the boot loader on the flash.
Take a look at this thread.
(09-16-2019 03:01 PM)Claudio L. Wrote: [ -> ]The only thing that comes to mind is to connect a JTAG adapter and see if the CPU is alive, perhaps you can rewrite the boot loader on the flash.

Thanks.

For sure I will read this topic. Some images got lost, but I will try to read it to try to understand where to solder the wires for JTAG.
(09-16-2019 04:40 PM)phq1910 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-16-2019 03:01 PM)Claudio L. Wrote: [ -> ]The only thing that comes to mind is to connect a JTAG adapter and see if the CPU is alive, perhaps you can rewrite the boot loader on the flash.

Thanks.

For sure I will read this topic. Some images got lost, but I will try to read it to try to understand where to solder the wires for JTAG.

I'll look into my PC, I might have downloaded those pictures a while back, they show exactly where the JTAG test points are.
(09-18-2019 01:49 PM)Claudio L. Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-16-2019 04:40 PM)phq1910 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks.

I'll look into my PC, I might have downloaded those pictures a while back, they show exactly where the JTAG test points are.

Cemetech thread still has the pictures:

https://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic...58&start=0
Reference URL's