HP Forums

Full Version: DM42.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I've receive right now my DM42 !
Beautiful calc realy close to my real HP42s.

I'm very happy, yes !
Awesome. I've owned one for a while now. It has really grown on me over time. I feel like the keyboard software changes they have made have really improved the overall experience for me (though this could just be me getting used to the keypad overtime).

I also really like this machine, I find myself calculating stuff on it I could easily do in my head, just to get the chance to use it.
(08-16-2019 06:11 PM)gomefun2 Wrote: [ -> ]keyboard software changes

What changes? (sorry, haven’t been keeping up)

Mine sits on a shelf most of the time cos of the hard to press keys. Oh, and a piece of hair under the display (it arrived like this) which I was told to fix myself by somehow levering off the display glass which I was too scared to do. I do otherwise like the calc.
(08-16-2019 10:11 PM)tcab Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-16-2019 06:11 PM)gomefun2 Wrote: [ -> ]keyboard software changes

What changes? (sorry, haven’t been keeping up)

Mine sits on a shelf most of the time cos of the hard to press keys. Oh, and a piece of hair under the display (it arrived like this) which I was told to fix myself by somehow levering off the display glass which I was too scared to do. I do otherwise like the calc.

The most recent f/w version adjusted some low-level key scan h/w timing that can improve key rollover, depending on how/how fast you press the keys. Several users have reported a big improvement, again because how people press keys varies.

Suggest you watch this excellent video by Logan West:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDxVxw6_SKU

it explains, and shows, an easy and safe technique for softening the key-press and many users have reported a big improvement.
Hi,

I agree, keyboard is very good, no difference here with the keyboard of my HP42s.

Very smooth and precise.

A real pleasure to program on DM42 like HP41, HP42 in the past !

I love RPN, not too much RPL, and I love PPL.

Good day.
(08-17-2019 12:00 AM)rprosperi Wrote: [ -> ]Suggest you watch this excellent video by Logan West:

That's very kind of you, Bob!
(08-17-2019 12:00 AM)rprosperi Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-16-2019 10:11 PM)tcab Wrote: [ -> ]What changes? (sorry, haven’t been keeping up)

The most recent f/w version adjusted some low-level key scan h/w timing that can improve key rollover, depending on how/how fast you press the keys. Several users have reported a big improvement, again because how people press keys varies.

Suggest you watch this excellent video by Logan West:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDxVxw6_SKU

it explains, and shows, an easy and safe technique for softening the key-press and many users have reported a big improvement.

That technique certainly worked for me! I used it on both a beta unit and a shipping version. It fixed the stiff keys and uneven Enter key on both units.
(08-16-2019 02:45 PM)ggauny@live.fr Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,

I've receive right now my DM42 !
Beautiful calc realy close to my real HP42s.

I'm very happy, yes !

BTW, if you want to keep in touch with the DM42 experts, including David and Michael the D and M in DM42 and Thomas Okken, the creator of Free 42, the calculator emulator on which the DM42 is based, go here and sign up:

https://forum.swissmicros.com/index.php
He did a few days ago -- I approved his membership Smile
Hi Tom,

Already done !
Reference URL's