HP Forums

Full Version: Which symbols get displayed by the 7 segment display on a HP 15-C?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anybody know the complete list of letters and other symbols that get displayed by the calculator?

Beside the obvious "-1234567890,." I know it can display "Error", "running", "Pr Error", "u" (user mode stuff), "AbCdE" (matrix indicators)... are there any more texts?
(06-26-2019 12:23 PM)Michael Zinn Wrote: [ -> ]Does anybody know the complete list of letters and other symbols that get displayed by the calculator?

Beside the obvious "-1234567890,." I know it can display "Error", "running", "Pr Error", "u" (user mode stuff), "AbCdE" (matrix indicators)... are there any more texts?

Have a look at this: HP-15C "Synthetics"

Scroll down to "A demonstration program" and you'll find how to display a "HEllo PPC" text.

Welcome back and regards.
V.
Neat! However, meant to ask about all the characters you might see during normal operation. Is my list complete?

(06-26-2019 02:43 PM)Valentin Albillo Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-26-2019 12:23 PM)Michael Zinn Wrote: [ -> ]Does anybody know the complete list of letters and other symbols that get displayed by the calculator?

Have a look at this: HP-15C "Synthetics"

Scroll down to "A demonstration program" and you'll find how to display a "HEllo PPC" text.

Welcome back and regards.
V.
(06-27-2019 09:06 AM)Michael Zinn Wrote: [ -> ]Neat! However, meant to ask about all the characters you might see during normal operation. Is my list complete?

It's just a question of reading the HP-15C Owner's Handbook, which lists all messages the calculator produces, so go ahead.

V.
Reference URL's