HP Forums

Full Version: Casio fx-6000G
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just managed to pick up an fx-6000G on TAS for £2.20 (!); included slip-on case and paper manual. All in nice condition.

Seller couldn't say if it worked properly, so I took a risk (not much of one, at that price), but it works fine, good contrast range (but I may change the three batteries (CR2032C) anyway, just to be safe). Amazing.

Manual covers 6000/6500; I'm not sure, but the only obvious difference I have seen so far (in the manual) is that the 6500 adds hyperbolics. Oh, and the 6500 is much thinner, if the dimensions quoted are correct.
While the 6000G has a screen that is slightly tilted towards the user, the 6500G is more of a slab.

I didn't know the 6500G added hyperbolics. Hmm... Trouble is, those things are rare as hen's teeth. The only ones I've seen have been in dire condition and sold by French sellers on TAS. I've never seen one here in the UK.
(06-19-2019 08:28 PM)cdmackay Wrote: [ -> ]Just managed to pick up an fx-6000G on TAS for £2.20 (!); included slip-on case and paper manual. All in nice condition.

I was almost tempted to bid on the fx-7000GA that recently sold on TAS with one bid for £1.90 (with slip-on case, but no manual). But I thought I'd be nice and let the existing bidder get a bargain. It appeared to be working, although the display contrast was a bit low. Maybe it just needed adjusting.
(06-19-2019 08:42 PM)grsbanks Wrote: [ -> ]While the 6000G has a screen that is slightly tilted towards the user, the 6500G is more of a slab.

I didn't know the 6500G added hyperbolics. Hmm... Trouble is, those things are rare as hen's teeth. The only ones I've seen have been in dire condition and sold by French sellers on TAS. I've never seen one here in the UK.

Thanks; yes, I assumed it was the tilted screen that accounted for the huge difference in thickness (the 6500's 11.5mm is almost half the 6000's 21mm, according to the manual.

The added hyperbolics are noted in the manual, and can also be seen on the front cover of the manual, where both models are shown. The 6000 has the x^-1 & x! functions on alpha A & B keys (with nothing shifted), and DMS on the C key. The 6500 moves x! to shift-A, DMS to B, leaving C free to add hyp.

Oh, and the 6500 has white function keys and MODE legend, compared to the 6000's grey.

According to the manual, the graphics also has them built-in, but I've yet to play with that.

(06-20-2019 02:11 PM)ijabbott Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-19-2019 08:28 PM)cdmackay Wrote: [ -> ]Just managed to pick up an fx-6000G on TAS for £2.20 (!); included slip-on case and paper manual. All in nice condition.

I was almost tempted to bid on the fx-7000GA that recently sold on TAS with one bid for £1.90 (with slip-on case, but no manual). But I thought I'd be nice and let the existing bidder get a bargain. It appeared to be working, although the display contrast was a bit low. Maybe it just needed adjusting.

Or perhaps tired batteries?

We ought to make sure we don't end up bidding against each other Smile

I have (somewhere) a 7000 that I bought new, when it came out, so would have passed on that, but am interested in the 7200 & 8500. I only like the older grey/silver style, which is all I used in my childhood, so the later grey ones don't interest me, although I'm sure they're better calculators.
There's a 7000GA up on TAS, with 2 days to go. Opening bid a tenner, plus £3 P&P.

Scratched up, and rear cover doesn't screw down properly; I'll pass, and hope I can find my old 7000 Smile
Reference URL's