HP Forums

Full Version: Voyager badge reproduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Looks good on my 15C!
[attachment=7497]
Peter,

My set of HP badges arrived here in Australia today. I could not be more pleased. If anyone is not sure whether these badges will suit their Voyager - relax, they look good and are of excellent quality! I do hope that you will satisfy our requirement for parts to allow our HP calculator journey to continue for many years to come. Well done.

Regards,

Kim Wood
Thanks for the kind words, Craig and Kim. I plan to do another production run this weekend, this time with improved workholding for the thin sheet so as to reduce the manual finishing steps.

I should post my workflow in more detail, with the aim of enabling anyone with the appropriate machinery to run these parts off at will, thus putting myself out of business :-).
[attachment=7588]

Thanks, Peter!
My venerable 15C is not ashamed to go out in public anymore!
(07-26-2019 06:30 PM)Peter Monta Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the kind words, Craig and Kim. I plan to do another production run this weekend, this time with improved workholding for the thin sheet so as to reduce the manual finishing steps.

I am still interested in a full set, just because...

Edward
I got a set of badges, 11C and 15C, from Peter, and they are sharp, excellent quality, pristine finish.
Thanks Peter!!!
For those waiting, I plan to do another run this weekend. Sorry for the delay! I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Cheers,
Peter
(08-09-2019 09:40 AM)Peter Monta Wrote: [ -> ]For those waiting, I plan to do another run this weekend. Sorry for the delay! I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Cheers,
Peter

Careful, on the odd occasion, it's actually a train...
(08-09-2019 12:53 PM)rprosperi Wrote: [ -> ]Careful, on the odd occasion, it's actually a train...
LOL ... you watched too many Road Runner/Wile E. Coyote cartoon Robert.
(08-09-2019 09:40 AM)Peter Monta Wrote: [ -> ]For those waiting, I plan to do another run this weekend. Sorry for the delay! I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Cheers,
Peter

Hello Peter.

I'd love to get a pair of HP-15C badges. Are you still making them? I sent you a PM a few days ago but got no response.

Thanks!!!

Paco
Received 15C and 16C badges - BEAUTIFUL!
Cheers,
TomC
hello Peter
Are you still making these?
I need some (sent you a PM a while ago).
Please let me know.
Thank you
Hi Peter,

I just came across this thread via a facebook post on an HP15c group.
I am currently trying to refurbish an HP 15c that belongs to my father, he introduced me to HP calculators maybe 12 years ago, and I was always enchanted by the landscape format of the 15c.
Currently it doesn’t start up but this forum has been really helpful. I was planning on ordering a set of replacement tubber feet from samson cables and I was wondering if you still had a 15c badge reproduction.
Please let me know, as this calculator has a faded black plastic badge and I think restoring it with one of your creations would make the entire front view really appealing.

Greetings,
Edwin.
PM sent but Peter seems off from the forum.

Fortunately enough he left his work in thingiverse, I wonder if someone in the US can take up from there and contact same manufacturer for a new batch of logos? the volunteer would probably make some cash selling them at a reasonable price, it seems there is demand in the forum.

In my case I'm looking for an HP15C missing logo
I was after an 11C logo but haven't heard back from Peter.

Is anyone else making these?

Was the final product 3D printed on plastic or milled aluminium as it's not clear to me from the thread. Want to know if it's worth trying to get someone to 3D print or if it's not worth it unless you get aluminium.
(08-06-2021 01:24 PM)dmh Wrote: [ -> ]I was after an 11C logo but haven't heard back from Peter.

Is anyone else making these?

Was the final product 3D printed on plastic or milled aluminium as it's not clear to me from the thread. Want to know if it's worth trying to get someone to 3D print or if it's not worth it unless you get aluminium.

I am in the same position. I am after a couple of 11s, a 10 and a few 15s (possibly a 16). I would take plastic at this point. Its crazy, but I know the lack of a badge shouldn't bother me but it does.

One thought I had was to contact the guys at The Calculator Store as a possible product. They carry 3-d printed items and may be producing them.

So if someone needs a batch order I would certainly help fill the quota.

-Bill
So is it best to 3D print black and then paint over in silver?

They should be small enough to get someone to print locally but I wonder if there are any special requirements due to how small/fine they are.
(08-06-2021 02:30 PM)dmh Wrote: [ -> ]So is it best to 3D print black and then paint over in silver?

They should be small enough to get someone to print locally but I wonder if there are any special requirements due to how small/fine they are.
The ones Peter Monta was selling were produced in aluminum, I think. They had to have been painted black then polished to expose the metal.

The resolution had to have been very fine to come out as cleanly as they did.

Alan
I looked into a 3d printing site last year "Thingverse"? or something similar (Edit: Shapeways). IIRC there were material options out the wazoo. Honestly, very impressive. Due to other distractions I put off pursuing the project for a while.

Unfinished be it metal or non-coarse plastic. I used to table-top war game so if I can paint a massive dwarf/squat army I am not worried about painting a badge. Smile

-Bill
(08-06-2021 01:24 PM)dmh Wrote: [ -> ]I was after an 11C logo but haven't heard back from Peter.

After a bunch of activity and then making and delivering some very nice Logos/Badges, Peter seems to have moved on, he has not visited MoHPC since May of 2019.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's