HP Forums

Full Version: Possible attachment bug...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've noticed that when I create or edit my posts and I've included an attachment, when I click preview, the attachment disappears and needs to be selected in a file dialog again. Is this a bug in the forum code? Has anyone else experienced this same problem?

Thanks and regards,

Jonathan
(05-19-2019 04:16 PM)Jonathan Busby Wrote: [ -> ]I've noticed that when I create or edit my posts and I've included an attachment, when I click preview, the attachment disappears and needs to be selected in a file dialog again. Is this a bug in the forum code? Has anyone else experienced this same problem?

Often (always?) when previewing a message, attached photos do not appear, yet are there and will be visible when you complete the post. Can't say if this is a bug or intended behavior, but it's been this way forever.

Also, after you browse and select a file to attach, you must click the "Add Attachment" button to complete the process, else it doesn't register.
(05-19-2019 04:21 PM)rprosperi Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-19-2019 04:16 PM)Jonathan Busby Wrote: [ -> ]I've noticed that when I create or edit my posts and I've included an attachment, when I click preview, the attachment disappears and needs to be selected in a file dialog again. Is this a bug in the forum code? Has anyone else experienced this same problem?

Often (always?) when previewing a message, attached photos do not appear, yet are there and will be visible when you complete the post. Can't say if this is a bug or intended behavior, but it's been this way forever.

I should have been more clear. I'm not talking about inline photos or anything like that, but just, say, a zip file. If I attach a zip file and then preview my post, the editor indicates that there is no longer an attachment. If I then post the message that was previewed, without selecting the attachment again, then there will be no attachment in the message.

Regards,

Jonathan
(05-19-2019 04:25 PM)Jonathan Busby Wrote: [ -> ]I should have been more clear. I'm not talking about inline photos or anything like that, but just, say, a zip file. If I attach a zip file and then preview my post, the editor indicates that there is no longer an attachment. If I then post the message that was previewed, without selecting the attachment again, then there will be no attachment in the message.

See the additional comment I added; I thought I added it quickly enough, but seems you were quicker
(05-19-2019 04:21 PM)rprosperi Wrote: [ -> ]Also, after you browse and select a file to attach, you must click the "Add Attachment" button to complete the process, else it doesn't register.

That seems to do the trick Big Grin I completely overlooked it Smile

Thanks and regards,

Jonathan
Reference URL's