HP Forums

Full Version: HP 15C - R/S and SST keys are swapped
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I just bought an used HP 15C and I noticed that the R/S key and the SST key is swapped!
Does that mean that some previous owner has swapped them? Or, could it be a production error?
Does anybody in here have a procedure for swapping the keys back?
Thanks!
(05-05-2019 11:06 AM)Bytzau Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I just bought an used HP 15C and I noticed that the R/S key and the SST key is swapped!
Does that mean that some previous owner has swapped them? Or, could it be a production error?
Thanks!

Should be easy to find out if it a production error. Open the calculator (screws under rubber feet) and have a look at the heat stakes that connect the PCB and the front of the calculator. If they look original it is a production error. If they have been manipulated it was a previous owner.
(05-07-2019 07:38 PM)Harald Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-05-2019 11:06 AM)Bytzau Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Thanks!

Should be easy to find out if it a production error. Open the calculator (screws under rubber feet) and have a look at the heat stakes that connect the PCB and the front of the calculator. If they look original it is a production error. If they have been manipulated it was a previous owner.

Which gets us to the bad news. If the heat stakes are virgin, it's a fair amount of hassle and a bit of risk removing them in order to get the machine apart and then somehow rebinding everything together as tight as before. I imagine there are Voyager (the general model line for these wonderful landscape layout machines) disassembly instructions on here somewhere, but dealing with heat stakes is not a joy.
(05-07-2019 08:33 PM)burkhard Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-07-2019 07:38 PM)Harald Wrote: [ -> ]Should be easy to find out if it a production error. Open the calculator (screws under rubber feet) and have a look at the heat stakes that connect the PCB and the front of the calculator. If they look original it is a production error. If they have been manipulated it was a previous owner.

Which gets us to the bad news. If the heat stakes are virgin, it's a fair amount of hassle and a bit of risk removing them in order to get the machine apart and then somehow rebinding everything together as tight as before. I imagine there are Voyager (the general model line for these wonderful landscape layout machines) disassembly instructions on here somewhere, but dealing with heat stakes is not a joy.

Thanks for your replies guys. I guess I will live with it the way it is and not risk damaging the device.
Reference URL's