HP Forums

Full Version: NewRPL: Tourtle mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, A very good addition to the newRPL, is a graphical environment, from tourtle mode to various commands for handling pixels, thinking in the near future that the newRPL will be in a new hardware or simulator mode, then color management is required in the screen and grayscale for the hp50 device.

In addition there are many articles of education that inform that one of the forms to initiate or to improve the algorithmic and computational reasoning is to manipulate graphs and to write games.

[Image: picture-5.png]
(02-03-2019 02:21 PM)compsystems Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, A very good addition to the newRPL, is a graphical environment, from tourtle mode to various commands for handling pixels, thinking in the near future that the newRPL will be in a new hardware or simulator mode, then color management is required in the screen and grayscale for the hp50 device.

It's been under development for quite a while, but I moved on to more improvements on the math aspect first because a generic graphics engine was taking me too long with nothing to show. Now there's a newly born CAS that needs attention, then I'll go back to the graphics engine. In essence, the engine will support rendering to various sizes and in various color formats, regardless of what the physical screen can display. The idea is to support vector graphics as well (SVG export comes to mind, to put plotted functions straight into web pages, in color and fully rescalable).
I don't know if there will be a turtle, though.
(02-04-2019 03:01 PM)Claudio L. Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know if there will be a turtle, though.
Don't bother. You're designing an engineer's tool after all, not a children's toy. That feature would most likely only get a single customer on this planet anyway, and that one customer should just take Tim Wessman's advice if he needs it so badly:
(10-27-2018 04:32 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote: [ -> ]Make your own.

You do know this is "programmable" don't you?
Once the graphics commands you outlined are implemented, RPL is all one needs to do it.
(02-04-2019 05:02 PM)3298 Wrote: [ -> ]Don't bother. You're designing an engineer's tool after all, not a children's toy. That feature would most likely only get a single customer on this planet anyway, and that one customer should just take Tim Wessman's advice if he needs it so badly:
(10-27-2018 04:32 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote: [ -> ]Make your own.

You do know this is "programmable" don't you?

Seconded!
I already commented that asking features that are not trivial, seeing them as they would be easy to implement after a while feels unrespectful. (the user in question does it over and over)

Sharing ideas for features is great, but adding that one can understand if it won't happen for X months/years (or maybe never) is crucial to not come across in a bad way.

Edit. I take away the "feel". The self entitlement behind some feature request is just bad. Here: http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-116...#pid106822
(02-04-2019 03:01 PM)Claudio L. Wrote: [ -> ]It's been under development for quite a while, but I moved on to more improvements on the math aspect first because a generic graphics engine was taking me too long with nothing to show.

Something very important, would be to show fractals to compare with the other models of calculators, maybe the RPL will be faster in processing pixels and more if it compiles and not an interpretation.

After twelve years, TI-EDU supports pixel management on TI nspire series.
https://tiplanet.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=240158
[Image: image.php?mode=thumbnail&image_id=10537]
Reference URL's