HP Forums

Full Version: HP50g UserRPL Comments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to comment out code in a UserRPL program on the HP50g ?
(10-23-2018 12:27 AM)bobager Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to comment out code in a UserRPL program on the HP50g ?

From the 50g AUR Manual, page 1-7:

Quote:To include a comment in a program:
* Enclose the comment text between two @ characters.
or
* Enclose the comment text between one @ character and the end of the line.
Whenever the calculator processes text entered in the command line — either from keyboard entry or transferred
from a computer — it strips away the @ characters and the text they surround. However, @ characters are not affected if they’re inside a string.
rprosperi,

Thank you for your reply. I did look for it in the AUR but somehow missed
it the first time, as you said it is right there on 1.7.
(10-23-2018 07:29 PM)bobager Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for your reply. I did look for it in the AUR but somehow missed
it the first time, as you said it is right there on 1.7.

I must confess it took me longer than expected to find it (I wanted to quote exactly); I never thought it would be so early in the AUR, and was also surprised there seemed to be no mention in the User's Guide nor User's Manual.
(10-23-2018 12:27 AM)bobager Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to comment out code in a UserRPL program on the HP50g ?

I use "comment" DROP for commenting, but only at non-time relevant parts. The @-comments are removed when saving direct on the 50g. Maybe it helps.

Best regards,
Joerg

Hi guy!
Just save a copy of your entire program with comments in a string variable.
You’ll have two objects: a string and a program.
Whenever you want to edit your program, edit the string one first, save it and then convert it into a program (use OBJ->)

I hope it will help.

Cheers!
Reference URL's