HP Forums

Full Version: Quadruple Bliss (HP16C)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: f7s2s442ylo11.jpg?width=960&crop...234ebd4223]

My four 16 series devices.....

HP-16C - September 1985
DM-16L - 2015
DM-16 - 2012
Samsung S7 Edge with HP-16C Emulator - 2017
Sweet. Smile I'm at 3 for 4. I need to install the emulator. I assume it's on the Play Store?
Yes, around €5 or so... you can try the 11c version by the same author for free, the photo doesn't do the emulator justice... it really is superbly rendered and on a decent screen looks like the real thing!

Touch 16c by epixx.co is the software.
hmmm dEAdbEEF, do you happen to work with IBM Power systems? Starting with the very first products in that line the RS/6000, the systems registers where initialized to "DEADBEEF" it made it really easy to spot registers that had not been touched in a dump.
DEC Alpha Systems..... used them throughout College and through my first job in the late 90's... but I think the value has been used in many places over many decades, or even generations ))

Not sure why it was the first thing I thought of when taking the photos though.. as I work nowadays with ARM stuff... as does everyone else in the field it seems.
To make it a Quintuple, you can take the emulated 16C on the CL, or even the double-emulated 16C on V41 ;-)

Manual available at: http://systemyde.com/hp41/documents.html
For a fifth, it wouldn't be difficult to repurpose the 34S firmware to primarily support integer operations.

Pauli
Another one is HrastProgrammer's HP-16C MicroCode Emulator for HP-48S/SX/G/G+/GX and HP-49G calculators:
[Image: hp16e.jpg]

Cheers
Thomas
(09-29-2018 09:49 AM)Thomas Klemm Wrote: [ -> ]Another one is HrastProgrammer's HP-16C MicroCode Emulator for HP-48S/SX/G/G+/GX and HP-49G calculators:

That looked like pretty interesting software until I saw the $100 price. Twice in the past year, I've bought a real 16C in great condition for around that price. No doubt the emulator took a lot of work, and looks nicely done, but I can't help womdering if he would sell 10x more if the price were 1/5 as much. Whatever, though. It is the author-publisher's prerogative to set the price.
(09-30-2018 03:45 AM)burkhard Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-29-2018 09:49 AM)Thomas Klemm Wrote: [ -> ]Another one is HrastProgrammer's HP-16C MicroCode Emulator for HP-48S/SX/G/G+/GX and HP-49G calculators:

That looked like pretty interesting software until I saw the $100 price. Twice in the past year, I've bought a real 16C in great condition for around that price. No doubt the emulator took a lot of work, and looks nicely done, but I can't help womdering if he would sell 10x more if the price were 1/5 as much. Whatever, though. It is the author-publisher's prerogative to set the price.

Pretty luck at $100, here in the UK 16C's rarely come up and so fetch decent prices from European bidders (no tax, delivery usually within a few days). The 16C I managed to get was $120 (excellent price) from an online used electronics dealer who also sold me the DM-16's for $40 each... they'd never heard of them and so just put them up at a silly price.

I just saw they had a DM-15L for $40 also and just purchased it to replace my HP35S for my vectors/matrix course. Having used and liked the feel of the DM-16L my thoughts are the DM-15L will be a great maths platform (with the ability to save and restore state means can save decent size programs without worry).

Might seem sacrilege but I actually prefer the DM-16L over the HP-16C for day to day work, the LCD (with the bold font selected) has ultra-clarity way beyond the 16C and the build is superb, feels weighty and serious.
Don't forget Jake Schwartz's excellent 16c "emulator" that he built for the HP 48 series.

http://www.pahhc.org/mul8r.htm
Reference URL's