HP Forums

Full Version: HP 48G Repair
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I just registered tonight and this is my first post. I have an HP48G I bought new around 1994. It looks like it won't come on anymore even though I have replaced the batteries and attempted a reset. The reset did work but some buttons were unresponsive. That was a week ago. Now, it won't come on at all. Does anyone know a trustworthy source I could send to have it repaired? I am located in the southeast and would love to find someone I could drive to and leave it with them then pick it up (I know, might be a stretch). I travel 3-1/2 states for work. Thanks in advance.
(08-18-2018 01:31 AM)Tupelo Rod Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. I just registered tonight and this is my first post. I have an HP48G I bought new around 1994. It looks like it won't come on anymore even though I have replaced the batteries and attempted a reset. The reset did work but some buttons were unresponsive. That was a week ago. Now, it won't come on at all. Does anyone know a trustworthy source I could send to have it repaired? I am located in the southeast and would love to find someone I could drive to and leave it with them then pick it up (I know, might be a stretch). I travel 3-1/2 states for work. Thanks in advance.

Try pressing down below the LCD window when you press buttons (including the [ON] button], and they will probably work. If so, this is a very common problem on 48 family machines and can be easily fixed.

I do not know anyone for sure that does repairs in the Southeast, but you can contact Adam Jones (aj04062 here on the MoHPC Forum); he has done these repairs for years for many members, myself included, with great results, at fair prices and with no complaints. Send him an email or PM.
Thanks, Bob. However, it didn't work. It seems to be unresponsive. I will reach out to Adam. I appreciate your input.
He can also be found offering various repair services on eBay. Do a search there for "hp48 repair" (I've also had work done by him).

~Mark
Reference URL's