HP Forums

Full Version: Request: a best CAS mode menu (History view)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, the CAS mode menu, should be improved

1: Changing [STO▶] to [:=], ▶ is a HOME mode instruction
2: complement the menu

[STO▶] [Simplify] [■] [■] [■] [■]

that is, the reverse 'simplify' commands must appear, not only in mathematics it is required to simplify.

As first menu

[:=] [Simplify] [Factor] [Expand] [Normal] [Next]

simplify( (x-1)*(x+1)=0 ) returns x^2-1=0
factor( x^2-1=0, x ) returns (x-1)*(x+1)=0 Savings when pressing the keys. 1 versus 3 [Tools][algebra][Factor]

expand((3*x*z+2*z^2+5*z+6)/z) returns 3*x+2*z+5+6/z // [Tools][algebra][expand]

as second menu

[Subst] [Solve] [PartFrac] [] [] [Next]

subst(y = 2*x + 3,y = x^2) returns x^2=(2*x+3)
simplify(2*x-3+x^2=(2*x+3-2*x-3)) returns x^2-2*x-3=0
solve(x^2-2*x-3=0,x,'=') returns [x=-1,x=3]
subst(x^2-2*x-3=0, x=3) returns 0=0 evalb(0=0) returns true
subst(x^2-2*x-3=0, x=-1) returns 0=0 evalb(0=0) returns true
factor(x^2-2*x-3=0) returns (x-3)*(x+1)=0

solve([ y = x^2, y = 2*x + 3 ],[x,y], '=' ) returns [[x=3,y=9],[x=-1,y=1]]

Good idea?

[Image: history_cas_image00.jpg]
An image of a possible combination of menu functions in the CAS history view. Any suggestions to choose other menus
I find the expansion of the touch menu interesting, although we have the CAS section in the toolbox, placing the most predominant commands is a great idea.
yes and being able to choose the ones to appear would be even better...
There are commands I use much more than PartFrac for example.
(08-23-2018 08:31 PM)compsystems Wrote: [ -> ]An image of a possible combination of menu functions in the CAS history view. Any suggestions to choose other menus

Precisely that is the type of menu that exists in the HP 50g. That's why I liked its use so much, as in the HP 19bii and others, there are 6 menu labels on the screen, and they are one key to use them again and again, without pressing several keys to reach a specific command when using it more than once.
(08-24-2018 10:25 AM)primer Wrote: [ -> ]yes and being able to choose the ones to appear would be even better...
There are commands I use much more than PartFrac for example.

And this would be similar to the HP 50g that has the "Custom Menu" function that can be customized with the commands one uses, it would be good if a future update included it!
I found the old [SOFT] [MENU] [KEYS] [BEST]

Now, with a touch display user should have an option with a list of list of keycodes
or even a matrix with keycodes filling the screen with a big soft menu...matrix
(which is also the name of my favourite movie - and university subject)
OR
if the user uses a simple list or a vector
then the old one-row-menu appears
Reference URL's