HP Forums

Full Version: New Version: 2018.07.06 2.0.0.13865
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
New Functionality and Changes (Calculator Software)
1. ROUND and TRUNC now interpret DMS inputs in a more expected manner (e.g. ROUND(45°29′57.7″,4) ----> 45°29′58″ )
2. Numeric only PRODUCT function created which helps reduce change of symbolic results in unexpected places such as Sequence app
3. INPUT previously had issues with local variables being given as input. Place EVAL( ) around your definition to programmatically create INPUT boxes.
LOCAL a:= { ... }; INPUT(EVAL(a));
4. Power below 10% will now display a red critical icon in the title bar.
5. Integration when done from HOME or in an app will now always numerically evaluate rather than symbolically. This will help prevent unanticipated results when a simple numeric answer is expected
6. Added a TDim variable to control screen dim time - default is 30 seconds
7. CAS updated to later version with many improvements and fixes:
a. Improves symmetrical numeric integrals (e.g. inputs like ∫(normald(0,1,X),X,-10000.,10000.); )
b. Implemented subdiagonal extraction with diag(matrix,index)
c. Implemented hamdist(list,list) in addition to int,int
d. Handles things like ∫(e^(-x^2-i*t*x),x,-∞,∞) directly
e. gramschmidt now accepts 0 as optional 2nd argument if 1st arg is a matrix to avoid normalization
f. Implemented support for replace(string,string,string)

New Functionality and Changes (Connectivity Kit)
1. Closes update windows automatically upon completion
2. Unzips firmware file to new location inside "<Documents>\HP Connectivity Kit\Firmware"

Resolved issues and changes excluding CAS
-----------------------------------------
1. Resolved issue with colors not saving properly after exiting Notes
2. Resolved issue with ARC colors if the angle_1<0 and angle_2>pi
3. Resolved issue with nested loops containing a CAS internal function not working (e.g. Σ calling a CAS function inside)
4. Resolved issue with DIMGROB only working with 16bit color but not 32bit
5. Resolved issue with clicking at very end of Chars browser
6. Resolved issue with Solve app not working with user defined variables as expected

Resolved issues and changes in CAS
----------------------------------
1. Resolved issue with permuorder([3,8,6,5,4,1,2,7])
2. Resolved issue with complex_mode and cZeros
3. Resolved issue with int(sin(x),x,0,inf)
4. Resolved issue with solve ∫(e^(-a*x^2+b*x+c)*polynomial,x,-∞,∞)
5. Resolved issue with a:=x *(x - (exp(x) - exp(-x)) / 2 / ((exp(1) - exp(-1)) / 2)); b:=int(a); simplify(diff(b)-a);
6. Resolved issue with assume(x,integer); additionally(x>0); solve(x^2=2);
7. Resolved issue with ∫(sin(x^2),x) in degree mode
8. Resolved issue with ∫(e^x*sin(x^2),x)
9. Resolved issue with approximate integrals with identical lower and upper boundaries
10. Resolved issue with randperm(-5)

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/calculators/prime/...180706.zip

Please report any issue or bug on this thread
Any idea what the difference is between the non-G2 and G2 firmwares?
Will this be available for Mac users, anytime soon?
I think of the 7 times we've released new versions, we've seen 6 failures of the back end to properly place the files and do what it is supposed to do requiring manual intervention from someone. Huzzah automation!
Hello,

(07-19-2018 11:35 PM)johnet123 Wrote: [ -> ]Will this be available for Mac users, anytime soon?

The mac versions seems to be available now.

Cyrille
Hello ijabbot,
I think the G2 firmware is for the HP Prime with the new processor.
I have ordered a new Prime from Klaas Kuperus (derekenwinkel.nl) to replace my old HW version A. He told me that I would get a Prime with a new type of processor, with a new code G2. At least that's what I thought he was telling to me!
(07-20-2018 07:48 AM)Dirk.nl Wrote: [ -> ]Hello ijabbot,
I have ordered a new Prime from Klaas Kuperus (derekenwinkel.nl) to replace my old HW version A. He told me that I would get a Prime with a new type of processor, with a new code G2. At least that's what I thought he was telling to me!
Is there any way to check it on the calculator, it has the new processor or the old? Maybe serial number?
Last month I bought one Prime, serial number with two letters at the end, my Prime serial number ends with digits.
(07-20-2018 07:48 AM)Dirk.nl Wrote: [ -> ]Hello ijabbot,

It seems so ....
https://fccid.io/R-REM-bta-HSTNJ-BC02

Interestingly, it identifies it as a wireless product.
Does it mean we have 3 HP Prime versions?

The 1: A
NW280AA

The 2: C
G8X92AA

The 3: G2
2AP18AA

What processor is used in the G2 ?
Hello,

"Interestingly, it identifies it as a wireless product."

It is most likely because we have to qualify it with the wireless connection kit...

Cyrille
(07-20-2018 09:16 AM)scorpio72 Wrote: [ -> ]Does it mean we have 3 HP Prime versions?

NW280AA

G8X92AA

HSTNJ-BC02

A quick google shows the hp model number is 2AP18AA for the G2
Very few details online apart from that.
(07-20-2018 09:36 AM)Stevetuc Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-20-2018 09:16 AM)scorpio72 Wrote: [ -> ]Does it mean we have 3 HP Prime versions?

NW280AA

G8X92AA

HSTNJ-BC02

Just corrected, thanks!

NW280AA

G8X92AA

2AP18AA

According to https://tiplanet.org/forum/viewtopic.php...28#p233928

In searching HPPrime_OS.img, we find in fact multiple mentions of a new processor, the MCIMX6Y2 .

The MCIMX6Y2 is an ARM Cortex-A7 processor
(07-20-2018 09:36 AM)Stevetuc Wrote: [ -> ]

NW280AA

G8X92AA

HSTNJ-BC02

Well, my Prime has engraved on the back: RMN HSTNJ-BC01

Note the last digit is a '1', not a '2' as in your list.

smp
(07-20-2018 12:56 PM)smp Wrote: [ -> ]Well, my Prime has engraved on the back: RMN HSTNJ-BC01

Note the last digit is a '1', not a '2' as in your list.

smp

As does my Rev C

So i think

G1 RMN HSTNJ-BC01 Rev C HP part no: G8X92AA
G2 RMN HSTNJ-BC02 HP part no: 2AP18AA

If anyone has a G2 it would be good to get some benchmarks versus G1
I guess the redesign with the new CPU is due to the old stock of (end-of-life for a few years now) S3C2416 CPUs getting used up.

I actually ordered a Prime from Amazon today, listed as model number G8X92AA#B1S (i.e. a Rev C). I'll wait and see which model I actually receive!
I ordered 2 Primes from Walmart and they arrived a couple days ago at my mailing address in CA. Packages haven't been opened yet, but there's the 2016 copyright on the back of the package toward the bottom, which has until now indicated the C version (from what I understand). Does the new G2 version still show the same date on the packaging or a 2018 date? Is there no way to know without opening the packaging? I would assume I purchased the C version though since "G8X92AA" is what is advertised on the Walmart product page:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/HP-G8X92AA-Pr...D/47741432
(07-20-2018 04:02 PM)JDW Wrote: [ -> ]Is there no way to know without opening the packaging?
You will be able to see without opening the packaging.
(07-20-2018 01:12 PM)Stevetuc Wrote: [ -> ]So i think

G1 RMN HSTNJ-BC01 Rev C HP part no: G8X92AA
G2 RMN HSTNJ-BC02 HP part no: 2AP18AA

If anyone has a G2 it would be good to get some benchmarks versus G1

FYI - I have an original (h/w Rev A) Prime that also has RMN HSTNJ-BC01 on the back, so G1 must include model NW280AA too. There is no "Rev X" following the BC01.
(07-20-2018 04:02 PM)JDW Wrote: [ -> ]Is there no way to know without opening the packaging?
You will be able to see without opening the packaging.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's