HP Forums

Full Version: vb41Cx
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to play around with vb41 emulator and was curious how you make the calculator think the ROM pac is loaded into memory and then how I execute the functions? I looked over the QRG, but maybe I'm just missing something. Being that I don't have any ROM Pac's for my actual 41CV, I have not done this before.
(05-31-2018 01:00 PM)KD8TZC Wrote: [ -> ]I'm trying to play around with vb41 emulator and was curious how you make the calculator think the ROM pac is loaded into memory and then how I execute the functions? I looked over the QRG, but maybe I'm just missing something.

I hadn't heard of this VB41CX simulator before, but it doesn't seem to be an emulator (i.e. running the original firmware code of a real HP41). So the results may differ from what you get with a real '41.

Regarding the use of ROM modules, take a look at pageĀ 31 of the quick reference quide (click the (c) button). I can't say if there is a way to add new ROMs to the list, but the Finance and Standard ROMs seem to be there.

(05-31-2018 01:00 PM)KD8TZC Wrote: [ -> ]Being that I don't have any ROM Pac's for my actual 41CV, I have not done this before.

On a real '41 you'd simply plug the physical ROM module into one of the four extension ports. ;-)

Dieter
Reference URL's