HP Forums

Full Version: Prime applications
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if the standard applications were programmed with the sort of Basic language or if they were compiled from C like the rest of the firmware?
The second option was my first assumption but then I started to suspect I could be wrong.
(04-05-2014 08:58 PM)Tugdual Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering if the standard applications were programmed with the sort of Basic language or if they were compiled from C like the rest of the firmware?
The second option was my first assumption but then I started to suspect I could be wrong.

The user apps are just a clone of a system app one with a custom script. If you switch to any app and then open "program" you will see that the first element in the program catalog is the app itself. 100% sure that the standard apps aren't coded in basic.
Well, just to support what I thought about standard apps:
[Image: Image%202014-04-06%20at%204.23.07%20PM.png]

[Image: 2014-04-06_1624.png]

By the way there are other interesting references :o inside armfir.elf:
[Image: Image%202014-04-06%20at%204.29.33%20PM.png]

But given the language, the are maybe just garbage leftover. Sacre bleu!
Hi eried !

Please tell me, the pictures are taken from the famous ida pro software ?

regards,

Damien.
(04-05-2014 10:17 PM)eried Wrote: [ -> ]… 100% sure that the standard apps aren't coded in basic.

(04-06-2014 07:30 PM)eried Wrote: [ -> ]Well, just to support what I thought about standard apps: …

Is it possible that they are written in basic and then run through something to convert the basic to C / C++?
Yes, these are from IDA. About the conversion, it is possible but highly improbable. Internal structure would look pretty messed up if it was a conversion from basic to c++. Also there are debug references to .cc files (that the linker leaves?) so the conversion is even less probable.
Hello,

The build in apps are all written in C-- (this is what I call c with classes, not full blown c++)... well, appart from the function and advanced graphing apps which are in c++ :-)

the 3D references that you saw most likely comes from the CAS which includes a lot of things that we do not use. This probably comes from the CAS 3D geometry package.

Cyrille
Good to know. It would be lovely and poetic the other way around (written in HPPPL), bootstrapping in pure expression but I guess the performance would drop immensely.

About the 3d stuff inside, you're crushing users h(?:y|o)pe cyrille! Tongue
Reference URL's