HP Forums

Full Version: Key for modular arithmetic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good morning,

In CAS, modular arithmetic can be performed with the "%%" symbol. As far as I know, typing that requires about 9 keystrokes (the % symbol is in the Chars table). Is there a shortcut for "mod" in CAS? I tried creating a userkey program, but cannot do much better because one must use the MOD operator, it doesn't work with the %%.

Any help would be welcome. Thanks.
It should work with MOD, if it requires a function own of CAS can use irem().
(03-31-2018 03:41 PM)Carlos295pz Wrote: [ -> ]It should work with MOD, if it requires a function own of CAS can use irem().

Thanks. It does work with MOD. What I was wondering was if there is a single keystroke that would perform say
2^36 %% 73. Typing the two %% takes a while, and looking up MOD does too.
Hello,

I know it isn't much consolation, but you should be able to do SHIFT-CHARS, TAP % Double tap %, then press ENTER or OK and put both in at once.
(03-31-2018 06:47 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I know it isn't much consolation, but you should be able to do SHIFT-CHARS, TAP % Double tap %, then press ENTER or OK and put both in at once.

Thanks. That is exactly what I have been doing. It is OK for a one-time operation, but ... I was just wondering if there was a direct access to the % symbol.
Perhaps there is a way to leave the USER keyboard on for more that just one keystroke, is there?
(03-31-2018 09:18 PM)Alberto Candel Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps there is a way to leave the USER keyboard on for more that just one keystroke, is there?

Shift Help Shift Help
(04-01-2018 01:18 AM)Carlos295pz Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-31-2018 09:18 PM)Alberto Candel Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps there is a way to leave the USER keyboard on for more that just one keystroke, is there?

Shift Help Shift Help

Cool! Thanks!
Reference URL's