HP Forums

Full Version: i41CX+ feature request (or if already there, request to end my ignorance) :-)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like the ability to print a program from memory (or rom) directly to a .txt file that can be emailed within the i41CX+ environment.

I wanted to get a listing of the QUEUE program from the Test Stats 1B rom (Angel's work) and was scratching my head.

Any suggestions ?
I don't know about i41CX+... But I have i41CX, with the printer add-on, and when I send output to the emulated printer, I can then email it from within the app. I don't know if there is a limit to the number of lines it will buffer, but I just tried this with the PRPLOT program from the printer ROM, which is 341 lines, and that worked fine.
And there you go. Thanks Thomas. As Homer Simpson might say "Doh!"

Another question. The app does seem to limit the size of the printer roll. I was asked 3 times to save the roll for the QUEUE program (which is 960+ lines long). That created 3/4 images in the phone camera roll.

It also made it tough / impossible to email the TEXT of the program since the printer only emailed the **last** portion of the printer paper roll.
If, instead of saving the print-out when prompted, you hit "dismiss", it will happily keep adding to the existing one. I just verified that I can print PRPLOT three times and then email the print-out, which is well over 1000 lines at that point. Generating the email took a couple of seconds, but the output is all there, in text and image. (You can turn off emailing the image, which would probably speed things up a bit.)
Excellent. Worked as desired and advertised. Many thanks.

It turned out to be a request to end my ignorance. :-)
Reference URL's