HP Forums

Full Version: HP-12C Maximum of 99 Cash Flow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Found this Example from HP-12C Solution Handbook.
Is this the trick to do more than 99 cash flow limit on 12C..?
This example used 200 cash flow.

Number correction on this example:
Change $125.010 to $125010

Here is the example attached as PDF

Gamo
The limit is 99 **different** cash flows.

You can repeat a cash flow of the same value using the Nj function. That is covered in the manual in the cash flow section.
(02-07-2018 12:48 PM)Gene Wrote: [ -> ]The limit is 99 **different** cash flows.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know the 12C can handle up to 20 different cash flows, where each can be repeated up to 99 times with the Nj key (which does not accept input > 99). So these are up to 99 consecutive equal (!) cash flows.

But this is not the limit. If there are more than 99 equal cash flows these may be split into several consecutive CF groups where each Nj does not ecceed 99.

Example for 150 cash flows of 800,-:

800 [CFj]  90 [Nj]
800 [CFj]  60 [Nj]

Or have I misunderstood something here?

Dieter
Oops. My fault. Commenting on the fly again.

12c - you are correct. Twenty different cash flows each of which can be repeated up to 99 times. If you need cash flow repeated > 99 times, enter the cash flow, repeat it 99 times, then enter the same value again and repeat it up to another 99 times, as your example showed!

12c PLATINUM - up to 80 different cash flows per page 75 of the manual. This is affected by using program space for programs.

Sorry for the mistake.
(02-07-2018 08:36 AM)Gamo Wrote: [ -> ]Found this Example from HP-12C Solution Handbook.
Gamo

Gene: And another note... please don't use that version of the solutions book for the 12c.

Use this one instead:

12c solutions book

Note that the typo of 125.010 is fixed in the above PDF. Why? It was created and edited by members of the forum community and updated for the RPN and algebraic settings of the 12c platinum while working 100% for the "REAL" 12c. :-)
(02-07-2018 07:31 PM)Gene Wrote: [ -> ]Gene: And another note... please don't use that version of the solutions book for the 12c.

Use this one instead:

12c solutions book

Found the first typo within a minute. ;-)

I am always interested in the way calculators with limited ressources calculate the Normal distribution. So I looked at page 112. Et voilà: the given approximation formula has an error, there is a "times x" missing in the numerator.

Dieter
Oops. Should have had you on our review team! :-)

should read

(83x + 351)x + 562 in numerator

Looks like we were responsible for that one somehow, as the original solutions book does not have that mistake.

Funny, I don't remember typing that formula at all ... rats.

The formula has an error, the program should not.
Thank You Gene

The HP 12C Platinum Solutions Handbook is better.

Gamo
Reference URL's