|[BUG] HP 50g SOLVE/SOLVR menu does not display unknown var|
Message #1 Posted by François Vanzeveren on 20 Sept 2011, 5:01 a.m.
I think I found a bug in the SOLVER application.
This bug is reproducible also in the HP 50g emulator.
Copyright HP 2009
Description of the bug
1. Put an equation into the variable EQ (eg. COS(X)).
2. If the variable 'X' exists, purge it.
3. Enter the SOLVE/SOLVR menu.
At that point everything seems ok, the menu displaying two items: 'X' and 'EXPR='
4. Enter a real number into 'X' (ex: 2) and press 'EXPR='. You get -.4161...
5. Press the VAR key to return to your home directory. You see the 'X' variable created.
6. Return to the SOLVE/SOLVR menu. No problem, both items ('X' and 'EXPR=' are still visible)
7. Now enter the symbolic value '2*pi' (using the greek letter for pi) into 'X' and press 'EXPR='. You get 1.
8. Press the VAR key to return in you home directory.
9. Return back to the SOLVE/SOLVR menu.
SURPRISE!!! The 'X' variable is no more displayed and accessible...
If you want to have it displayed and accessible, you have to enter non symbolic value!
I guess it has been already noted by some... Anyone knows if this has been notified to HP?
Edited: 20 Sept 2011, 6:13 a.m.