There are a few overlay options presented so far for the WP-34S. I contacted a company specializing in custom overlays for a quotation. They provided the following:
- 0.005" 8B35 lexan, Laminate 3M 467 Adhesive, Digitally cut to size
- 100 @ $12.96 each
- 1 NRE @ $350.00 (non-recurring expenses)
- NRE Includes: Create & Output Generate art and film positives from customer supplied electronic file, create custom tool. Includes color matching
For 100 overlays, the cost would come out to approximately $16.50 USD plus shipping from the supplier, plus shipping to individual customers.
The overlay will include the cuts for the keys. They were reluctant to attempt the labels for the keys for two reasons:
- in their experience, such small labels on keys do not last long - they tend to pop off
- they were worried about the size of the print on the keys being legible.
If key labels are not important, we could use the overlay that includes the primary function and green shift labels, and blank out the existing key labels.
This was a company I found online, so other suppliers may have better experience with such projects, and different costs.
I would really like the key labels, but according to this supplier, it seems to be difficult to accomplish.
If any others are interested in getting quotations, let's share them on this forum and go with the one that provides the best cost, durability and features (e.g. key labels in addition to overlay).