|Re: hyperbolic curiosity|
Message #46 Posted by mjcohen on 17 Oct 2008, 3:43 p.m.,
in response to message #45 by Bill Triplett
Easycalc, on any palm pda, gives 0.1459688 + i*0.927706645.
This is my favorite calculator on the pda. It has an amazing amount of power - reals, complex, vectors, matrices, functions up the wazoo (special functions listed below), programmability (I implemented the Lanczos log of gamma function), and it is free!
I know it it neither HP nor rpn, but I find it incredibly useful.
Features and Specifications:
* IEEE-754 double precision math routines, courtesy of MathLib.
* Support for color, OS 5.x and DIA (Dynamic Input Area).
* Algebraic (not RPN) entry.
* Range of values: +/- 1E-308 to +/-1E308 (IEEE 754 double precision); up to 15-digit (user-selectable) decimal precision.
* 150 built-in functions including: trigonometry, complex numbers, exponential, probability, statistics, numerical analysis of functions (roots, derivatives, integrals, intersection), discrete math, digital signal processing, list, matrix, and special.
* Unlimited user-defined variables and functions.
* Multipe levels of nested parentheses limited only by available stack memory.
* Multiple screens easily categorize functions.
* "ANS" button (last result).
* Scrolling history.
* Scrolling menu access to user- and built-in functions and variables.
* Angular Units: Radian, Degree and Grad.
* Integer Base Operations: Decimal, Binary, Hexadecimal, and Octal.
* Display Formats: Normal, Scientific and Engineering display modes.
* Automatic parentheses matching.
* Full PalmOS clipboard support.
* Complex number support in all functions.
o Normal (Cartesian), polar, and parametric graphs.
o Graph up to six functions simultaneously with trace and numerical analysis.
o Graphs have user definable colors, axes, axes lables, range, grid, log and log-log.
o "Table Mode" of graph function values.
o Zoom in/out.
o Live screen scrolling.
o Adjustable graph resolution.
Function Name Name in EasyCalc
Euler Gamma gamma(z)
Incomplete Gamma igamma(a:x)
Complementary Error erfc(x)
Incomplete Beta ibeta(a:b:x)
Bessel 1st Kind besselj(n:x)
Bessel 2nd Kind bessely(n:x)
Mod. Bessel 1st Kind besseli(n:x)
Mod. Bessel 2nd Kind besselk(n:x)
Incomplete Elliptic Integral 1st kind elli1(m:phi)
Incomplete Elliptic Integral 2nd kind elli2(m:phi)
Complete Elliptic Integral 1st kind ellc1(m)
Complete Elliptic Integral 2nd kind ellc2(m)
Jacobi sn sn(m:u)
Jacobi cn cn(m:u)
Jacobi dn dn(m:u)