Message #9 Posted by Britt on 28 Aug 2003, 9:51 a.m.,
in response to message #3 by chi
I received my HP-17Bii+ yesterday. My initial impressions are:
1. RPN mode.
2. Nice looking calculator.
3. The display is much more readable than the two-line Pioneers.
4. Surprisingly lightweight but the case has a good rigid feel to it.
5. Big, hard plastic keys that click.
6. The manual looks OK but I haven't read it yet.
1. The key springs are a little too stiff. The key in the top-right corner requires extra pressure to activate.
2. There is no real "ENTER" key.
3. At $119 U.S. list price, it is way overpriced.
Although I like the calculator so far, I paid $75 on E-Bay and Iím thinking that may have been too much. Iíll probably end up using it less than my Brazilian HP-12C but more than my HP-18C.