|Re: How people react on different models...|
Message #11 Posted by Pyerre on 6 Mar 2003, 3:08 p.m.,
in response to message #1 by Holger Weihe
Depending the category of the community you're in...
According to the presentation of my humble calculator's collection held at our local museum last month,... here's some observations :
- Young kids love TI's (datamath)
- Teanagers love TI's(models 83,83+,...)
- Adults love TI-59, TI-58C and have lot of funs with them.
- Scientific people loves HP RPN...
Woodstock --> highly interested (all models)
Peanut --> very impressed (HP41C & accessories)
Spice --> not really (all models, even the HP34C has no more attentions than it should be)
Voyager --> highly interested (specially the HP16C)
Champion --> Not at all
Pionneer --> greatly interested (the HP42S, HP-27S)
and the surprising HP-20S (even not RPN, lot of students love this one)
The HP48 series --> So so, ...too much complicate to operate, but people loves their bell & whistle "Xmas tree" keyboard.
- Technical people love nixie tubes display, (in particular the model Sperry Remington 661-D and the Casio Mini CM-601) & the 14 single digit modules display on TI-50...
Just my 2c worth,