The Museum of HP Calculators
HP Forum Archive 08
[ Return to Index | Top of Index ]
|Many q's about the 4x series.|
Message #1 Posted by HPhreacke[r](Brazil) on 26 May 2002, 11:40 p.m.
I have an 49, 48GX+2MB ram, 41CX with Advantage, Wand, HP-IL, printer and PPC ROM, 16C, 38G, 28S among others.
My questions are:
1. Is there any rom to make the HP41 graphing on printer? Printing of images is possible, 'coz i've seen the PPC rom printing logo...
2. Is the 41 printer compatible with the 48?
3. Can I use the 48 series printer on my PC? the thermal printing is cool for notes.
|Re: Many q's about the 4x series.|
Message #2 Posted by Steve (Australia) on 27 May 2002, 3:37 a.m.,
in response to message #1 by HPhreacke[r](Brazil)
1) yes (kinda)
3) yes (with considerable difficulty)
1) you can define bitmap characters and this way you can print graphics, but it's limited. SOme ROMs provide better support. With HPIL and a mixture of hard work, ROMs (Plotter) and persistence you can produce plotted graphics.
2) No, it's not
3) The IR interface to the printer is non-standard (for the PC world) but givn persistence, I'm sure you could develop an interface. With the IR printer ROM for the HP41 your HP41 can print to the 48's printer.
Return to Index | Top of Index ]
Go back to the main exhibit hall