|Portable EPROM device and CMOS EPROMS|
Message #1 Posted by Steve on 22 June 1999, 8:11 a.m.
I have an HHP Portable EPROM thingy for my HP41. It is inside a cardreader case.
It contains 2 EPROMS, a 27128 and a 2732 (actually an HN4827128G-30 and an HN482732G)
0) can it use other rom types (I've seen references to using a 2732 and a 2716, so I was surprised to see a 27128 and a 2732, although the relationship fits the 10 bit word of the HP41)
1) could I use CMOS eproms (e.g. 27C32)
2) what do the DIP switches do inside this device?
3) does anyone have a manual for it?
4) Can anyone point me in the direction of documentation about putting code in these EPROMS (I have access to eprom burning equipment, and I plan on trying to reverse engineer these roms, but I'd _FAR_ prefer not having to do all of this through trial and error.
5) there's got to be an easier way of opening and closing these card reader cases. It takes me forever to get it shut again...
(I have a ZEN ROM coming to me in the mail, and I believe it's manual explains some of this stuff??? Any confirmation of this wouls also be appreciated.)