definitive list of cases for each model calculator
07-30-2021, 01:19 PM
RE: definitive list of cases for each model calculator
(07-30-2021 06:51 AM)Benjer Wrote:  The case for my HP 15C is a bit different from the ones I've seen for other Voyager calculators. Perhaps it's an aftermarket knock-off.

[snip]

The serial number for the calculator is an earlier one (2222A04643), maybe the case wasn't sold for very long.

No,this is original, I have several of them, generally referred to as the "pebbled" style. They were shipped early (though not at the very start in 1980) and it seems not for very long. I also can't pin down if they were used only for certain models as all the examples I have were acquired 2nd hand and no way to know if they originally came with the Voyagers I got them with.

I heard/read somewhere, long ago, that these came with early 16C units, but I have no way to know if that's the case (however note that the 16C launched July '82 so close to your example). Most likely this style "leather" finish came from one of several suppliers and either HP didn't like it since it was different, or they weren't used again.

Anyhow, I like this case style a lot, though it seems to wear less well than the other "normal" finish style.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: definitive list of cases for each model calculator - rprosperi - 07-30-2021 01:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)