The Museum of HP Calculators
The HP-32E was the mid-range scientific member of the 30 series.
While still non-programmable, it offered these
features over the HP-31E:
The price was still remarkably low for all it did which may explain why the
slightly less expensive HP-31E is rather scarce.
- Statistical Functions Including:
- Mean and Standard Deviation.
- Linear Estimate and Linear Regression.
- Correlation Coefficient.
- Area Under Standard Normal Distribution to the left of x (Q) and x
given area (Q^-1).
- Factorial (n!).
- More conversions including gallons/liters, and decimal
- Percent Change.
- X Squared (Shifted so it took two key strokes anyway but it conserved stack space.)
- More storage registers: 0-8 and .0-.5 (They were split this way
because the statistical functions needed 6 registers and
this provided a clean split between stat and "normal" registers.)
Front view (~59K)
Three quarter view (~89K)
Three quarter view of case prototype (~85K)
30 series rear view (~31K)
Technology and Packaging
Dimensions and Weight
Go back to the main exhibit hall
Next Calculator Made
Previous Calculator Made