HP Classic upgrade kit - Multi Emulator (updated list of emulated models)
01-14-2018, 04:13 AM
RE: HP Classic upgrade kit - Multi Emulator
(01-14-2018 02:07 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(01-14-2018 01:53 AM)Sylvain Cote Wrote:  Hello Tony,
Thank you for your quick response.
So it means that for the time being, I have to find my Windows CD's somewhere and redo my VM's.
I had to do it anyway, but this time, once its stable, working and locked down, no more Windows Update ever.
Regards
Sylvain
I can load it and then ship it to you if that helps. Probably not sustainable over and over again into the future, but it may not be a while until an update is required so it could save you a bunch of work until you have time to rebuild the VMs.
Thank you very much Robert, but I will pass.
I need to do those VM anyway, so I will bite the bullet and rebuild them this week.
It's just that I am frustrated at Microsoft at the moment, I had outdated but perfect working Windows systems and I had convinced myself to bring them up to date.
Not long after the updates, both systems started to act strangely up to the point that they were rebooting by themselves every 20 minutes or so, I tried to reverse the updates but it just make them worse.
My big mistake was forgetting to make backup of the VM's before doing the updates.
Anyway, complaining will do nothing to solve this, i just need to take some time and patience to rebuild them.
Thanks again.
Regards,
Sylvain
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-22-2018, 12:48 PM
The next PCBs have arrived from China:

[Image: img_20180122_1157262a7uod.jpg]

As you can see, they are red. Well, half of the batch is. I don't know what went wrong there, but I think they don't look bad either.

So this time there will be a choice of red or blue.
Once I am back at work and can solder the fine pitch controller (I am currently of sick and don't have the right equipment for the fine pitch at home) I will start populating the boards. I'll let you know when I am ready to ship. Probably end of next week.

Cheers,
Harald
01-22-2018, 03:48 PM
(01-22-2018 03:15 PM)emersone12 Wrote:  Any proposals to eventually produce replacement boards to fit & replace the internals of small Woodstocks, even if only specifically for the HP-25?

Please have a look at Bernards website http://www.panamatik.de

Cheers,
Harald
01-28-2018, 10:15 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm posting a link to a collection of programs in the General Software Library for the Teenix MultiCalculator and the HP Classic upgrade board. Hope you find it useful!

http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-10046.html

~Mark

Remember kids, "In a democracy, you get the government you deserve."
01-29-2018, 01:03 AM
(01-28-2018 10:15 PM)mfleming Wrote:  Hi everyone,

I'm posting a link to a collection of programs in the General Software Library for the Teenix MultiCalculator and the HP Classic upgrade board. Hope you find it useful!

http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-10046.html

~Mark

Nice one and a lot of work.

Would you mind if I post the zip file on the teenix web site.

cheers

Tony
01-30-2018, 06:46 PM
Just a little update. I am still sick and off work. Probably until the end of the week. So I won't be able to populate boards before next week.

Cheers,
Harald
02-05-2018, 12:29 AM
I don't have a Classic HP calculator, but I am interested in this possibility. However, I don't want to spend too much money for a useless antique calculator.
If I buy a non-working HP Classic, does this PCB replacement ensure that the calculator will work again? Or is this too risky?
Thanks.

Jean-Charles
02-05-2018, 07:20 AM
(02-05-2018 12:29 AM)Helix Wrote:  I don't have a Classic HP calculator, but I am interested in this possibility. However, I don't want to spend too much money for a useless antique calculator.
If I buy a non-working HP Classic, does this PCB replacement ensure that the calculator will work again? Or is this too risky?
Thanks.

There is no guaranty the replacement PCB will fix a broken calculator. If the problem is on the main PCB it will, but if it is on the display and keyboard PCB (display drivers for example) it won't .

Cheers,
Harald
02-05-2018, 07:23 AM
(02-05-2018 12:29 AM)Helix Wrote:  a useless antique calculator.

Heresy!
Expell him from the Temple!!

;)

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-05-2018, 08:32 AM
The only antique calculators are mechanical. While I wouldn't go as far as saying they are useless, those that came fifty years or so after are far more useful.

Pauli
02-05-2018, 10:36 PM
(02-05-2018 07:20 AM)Harald Wrote:  There is no guaranty the replacement PCB will fix a broken calculator. If the problem is on the main PCB it will, but if it is on the display and keyboard PCB (display drivers for example) it won't .
That makes sense. I was about to buy an "untested" Classic calculator on ebay, but finally I will refrain.

(02-05-2018 07:23 AM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  
(02-05-2018 12:29 AM)Helix Wrote:  a useless antique calculator.

Heresy!

Wink
If I change the word "antique" by "vintage", can I hope to return to the Temple? Big Grin
Seriously, I like LED displays. I only own two NP-25, and I use them from time to time. But a full size calculator would be even better.
Perhaps the heresy is to believe that a working and undamaged LED calculator can be acquired for a small price…

Jean-Charles
02-06-2018, 07:17 AM
(02-05-2018 10:36 PM)Helix Wrote:  
(02-05-2018 07:23 AM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  Heresy!

Wink
If I change the word "antique" by "vintage", can I hope to return to the Temple? Big Grin
Seriously, I like LED displays. I only own two NP-25, and I use them from time to time. But a full size calculator would be even better.
Perhaps the heresy is to believe that a working and undamaged LED calculator can be acquired for a small price…

Actually I was pointing to the useless part of the phrase...
Of course all tongue-in-cheek.

Don't loose your faith (ooops I did it again!): if you keep on searching you will find some moderately priced classic LED calculators.

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-08-2018, 09:22 PM
HP-45 converted to HP-67 with Multi Emulator

[Image: uc?export=view&id=1MZdkpMCKpamn1pBKIZjU65gY_iLO-Ln3]

This is an image, which I received from "takei-hisasi" from japan. The calculator is an HP-45 with HP-67 vinyl overlay. Inside is of course the famous multi calculator kit. The overlay with its buttons is originally made for the HP-67 calculator and doesn't fit in all aspects. The HP-45 buttons are smaller than the HP-67s and the body is also a little bit different. Also the HP-45 labels above the first row are not covered by the overlay.

But it is an amazing idea for using the HP-67 functionality with an HP-45 calculator with the multi calcuator. Because all f and g functions of the HP-67 are labeled below the keys, all of them are visible. Perhaps difficult to see from the front perspective, also the h functions are there, they are printed on the slanted side of the button overlays.

Thanks to takei-hisasi

Bernhard

That's one small step for a man - one giant leap for mankind.
02-08-2018, 10:29 PM
(02-08-2018 09:22 PM)PANAMATIK Wrote:  This is an image, which I received from "takei-hisasi" from japan.

Ingenuity knows no bounds :-)

cheers

Tony
02-08-2018, 11:03 PM
(02-08-2018 09:22 PM)PANAMATIK Wrote:  This is an image, which I received from "takei-hisasi" from japan.

I would sure love to get one of those overlays! That is exactly what I’d like to do.

smp
02-09-2018, 07:54 AM
(02-08-2018 11:03 PM)smp Wrote:  I would sure love to get one of those overlays! That is exactly what I’d like to do.

smp

The HP-67 overlay you can get here

Bernhard

That's one small step for a man - one giant leap for mankind.
02-09-2018, 01:46 PM
(02-09-2018 07:54 AM)PANAMATIK Wrote:  The HP-67 overlay you can get here

Thanks very much, Bernard! I didn't realize that.

smp
02-09-2018, 02:51 PM
(02-08-2018 11:03 PM)smp Wrote:  

I would sure love to get one of those overlays! That is exactly what I’d like to do.

smp

There are overlay designs in the MultiCalc download from teenix.org which might be of use.

cheers

Tony
02-09-2018, 04:46 PM
(02-09-2018 02:51 PM)teenix Wrote:  There are overlay designs in the MultiCalc download from teenix.org which might be of use.

Thanks very much, Tony. I'll check those out.

As a side note, I work on a Macintosh, and I have Microsoft Office 2008, which Microsoft crippled pretty badly. I often cannot see characters that come from some specialization that Microsoft has in other versions of Office, but chose not to include in the Macintosh version. This is why I am often looking for a physical item, rather than an electronic version.

Thanks!

smp
02-14-2018, 01:10 PM
Sorry for the continued delay in getting the next batch ready. I am off work for the fourth week in a row and have no idea when I will be getting better.

[Image: img_20180213_170921ngu7o.jpg]

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)