Sad day for HP-41C
12-16-2017, 02:26 AM
RE: Sad day for HP-41C
I think the message here is "don't just throw it away". It is likely possible to rebuild with some care, and some replacement parts exist. If it appears in too bad of shape or beyond you capability, many of the parts can be used as spares to keep other 41's going.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-16-2017, 07:12 PM
(12-14-2017 10:00 PM)Raymond Del Tondo Wrote:  
(12-14-2017 12:19 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  Then use one of these.
Hi,

I don't recommend the HP battery shield. On the other side of the contact poles, it has relatively sharp edges, so it may actually damage the thin foil of your battery connector.

It was designed that way intentionally, to make sure the contact poles of the shield have contact even with dirty or slightly damaged I/O block connector foils.
That's the first thing I thought when I saw it in the pictures Smile
12-16-2017, 07:18 PM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2017 07:20 PM by aurelio.)
(12-14-2017 01:03 AM)larthurl Wrote:  This is my original HP-41C that I bought in 1980. I used it heavily and then about 1990, it went into storage. I re-discovered it about a decade later and saw that it had battery damage from leaking cells.
Today I decided to open it up and discovered the blue crud. Not sure if cleaning the crud will revive this old friend. It clearly needs a new battery connector.

Any thoughts on how to proceed?

.....Art

then sorry for the healt of your 41 this is a bad situation but if this can help you i succeded in cleaning the board after a vinegrad bath and a flat screw driver job as Jose already suggested then you 'll need to replace the blocks. Diego's rsources could help in that. good luck

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)