Updated WARP_CORE Module with ED+
11-29-2017, 04:15 PM (This post was last modified: 11-29-2017 04:16 PM by Ángel Martin.)
Updated WARP_CORE Module with ED+
You may have noticed the post about the enhanced ASCII File Editor (ED+) in the articles section of the forum:
http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-8775.html

For V41 and the CL it's possible to update the OS, thus this patch works like a charm. However for all other configurations it isn't available of course.

Therefore I've toyed with the idea to include ED+ in the WARP_Core module. Space wasn't a problem, but there were numerous issues to move the original code (based on a fixed addresses scheme) to a port-dependent approach.

The good news is - after a couple days of hair-pulling and hundreds of typos and stupid mistakes - I finally have a working prototype. It's holding up nicely, but it needs more testing; and here's where you come in: beta testers send me a PM to get the ROM images.

The Warp_Core is now packed with very powerful functionality, it's becoming one of my favorites!

Cheers,
ÁM

"To live or die by your own sword one must first learn to wield it aptly."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-13-2017, 10:23 PM
RE: Updated WARP_CORE Module with ED+
(12-13-2017 09:51 PM)Geir Isene Wrote:  Is this a 1 page, 2 banks ROM? What's the XROM#?

Yes 1P, 2B. I think the XROM is 21, as this is the only difference I see using [Shift]-[CAT]-[1]-[R] between my 2 41CLs, and that is the only ROM difference. Yes confirmed 21 in the 41CL manual.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)