Updated WARP_CORE Module with ED+
11-29-2017, 04:15 PM (This post was last modified: 11-29-2017 04:16 PM by Ángel Martin.)
Updated WARP_CORE Module with ED+
You may have noticed the post about the enhanced ASCII File Editor (ED+) in the articles section of the forum:
http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-8775.html

For V41 and the CL it's possible to update the OS, thus this patch works like a charm. However for all other configurations it isn't available of course.

Therefore I've toyed with the idea to include ED+ in the WARP_Core module. Space wasn't a problem, but there were numerous issues to move the original code (based on a fixed addresses scheme) to a port-dependent approach.

The good news is - after a couple days of hair-pulling and hundreds of typos and stupid mistakes - I finally have a working prototype. It's holding up nicely, but it needs more testing; and here's where you come in: beta testers send me a PM to get the ROM images.

The Warp_Core is now packed with very powerful functionality, it's becoming one of my favorites!

Cheers,
ÁM
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-13-2017, 10:23 PM
RE: Updated WARP_CORE Module with ED+
(12-13-2017 09:51 PM)Geir Isene Wrote:  Is this a 1 page, 2 banks ROM? What's the XROM#?

Yes 1P, 2B. I think the XROM is 21, as this is the only difference I see using [Shift]-[CAT]-[1]-[R] between my 2 41CLs, and that is the only ROM difference. Yes confirmed 21 in the 41CL manual.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)