Saving calculator state to free memory on CL V5
11-05-2017, 07:52 PM
Saving calculator state to free memory on CL V5
Okay,

Beta testing the DM42, wonderful machine.

FRAM 71B batteries died and had to reread manual to reinstate my saved calculator state back to RAM. Not hard unless you haven't picked it up for awhile, hence the dead batteries. Thank you flash ram!

Now the 41 VER 5 CL arrives. As if I haven't got enough to do.

So I have installed and loaded all routines in both extended memory and main memory. It is now a clone of my beta version (we'll sort of) because my ROM image four letter codes have changed since beta version :-).

I was using in Beta version

- XXXC I think that was Clutils 1H, PLUG1U
- PPCM PLUG2
- CCDP PLUG3
- EXTI PLUG4U
- TIME module
- infrared printer module (blinky)

So what is the CLUTILS ROM image designation (XXXC)?

I was able to store all calculator memory into location 0C9000 on beta using the following code:

"062>80C"
YMCPY
"80C-RAM"
PLUG1L
"0C9000"
YFERASE
"800>0C9"
YFWR
"YFNS"
PLUG1L

Restoring the calc from 0C9>800.

Of course all the memory locations have changed for free memory or have they? Caveat here, I am being lazy but I don't want to read and screw up any ROM images by overwriting them. And there is an encyclopedic knowledge base required, plus I don't have a pocket version of Sylvain or Bob :-)

Any answers appreciated before I start playing. I booted the calc with my disc drive and card reader to fill it with routines. I would like to save this state in flash RAM before I start to explore version 5 fully.

Then I will update version 2 as fully as possible. The beta version has been my workhorse since its inception and will be left as is.[/color][/code][/quote]

Geoff
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2017, 09:19 PM
RE: Saving calculator state to free memory on CL V5
(11-05-2017 07:52 PM)Geoff Quickfall Wrote:  Beta testing the DM42, wonderful machine.
I did not order the beta machine because I was afraid it will distract me too much of the clupdate project but I which I did. Sad

(11-05-2017 07:52 PM)Geoff Quickfall Wrote:  FRAM 71B batteries died and had to reread manual to reinstate my saved calculator state back to RAM.
Not hard unless you haven't picked it up for awhile, hence the dead batteries. Thank you flash ram!
Same thing for me, for the same reason as above, I have not really used my 71B's since May 2016.

(11-05-2017 07:52 PM)Geoff Quickfall Wrote:  Now the 41 VER 5 CL arrives. As if I haven't got enough to do.
No you don't! Wink

(11-05-2017 07:52 PM)Geoff Quickfall Wrote:  So what is the CLUTILS ROM image designation (XXXC)?
PWRL
Code:
Page;  Filename;     ID;   XROM; Description;        Bank;  YCRC;       Revision
0x114; CLUTLSB1.ROM; PWRL; 12;   Power-CL Utilities; bnk 1; 0x719402FF; 11/22/14
0x115; CLUTLSB2.ROM; ;     ;     Power-CL Utilities; bnk 2; 0x74EB21F2; 09/17/14
0x116; CLUTLSB3.ROM; ;     ;     Power-CL Utilities; bnk 3; 0x0791F2E5; 11/22/14
0x117; CLUTLSB4.ROM; ;     ;     Power-CL Utilities; bnk 4; 0x61BC9BC5; 11/22/14

(11-05-2017 07:52 PM)Geoff Quickfall Wrote:  I was able to store all calculator memory into location 0C9000 on beta using the following code:
"062>80C"
YMCPY
"80C-RAM"
PLUG1L
"0C9000"
YFERASE
"800>0C9"
YFWR
"YFNS"
PLUG1L
Restoring the calc from 0C9>800.
Of course all the memory locations have changed for free memory or have they?
It has been quite a while that user free Flash space has been used for the ROM modules. Lucky for you, there are lots of free Flash space on the v5, at least for now.

(11-05-2017 07:52 PM)Geoff Quickfall Wrote:  Caveat here, I am being lazy ...
Now you are being too hard on yourself, but I must agree that there was a book that was supposed to be published ... LOL

(11-05-2017 07:52 PM)Geoff Quickfall Wrote:  but I don't want to read and screw up any ROM images by overwriting them.
And there is an encyclopedic knowledge base required, plus I don't have a pocket version of Sylvain or Bob :-)
Ouf! Lucky me!

(11-05-2017 07:52 PM)Geoff Quickfall Wrote:  Any answers appreciated before I start playing.
I booted the calc with my disc drive and card reader to fill it with routines.
I would like to save this state in flash RAM before I start to explore version 5 fully.
Is there a new memory type, Flash RAM, in the 41CL ? (just teasing)
Flash address range 0x219 to 0x3FF are currently free and could be used for your backup.
IMHO, using 0x380 to 0x3FF should leave you enough space for your usage and at the same time leave enough space to not collide with upcoming ROMs.

Kind regards,

Sylvain
11-06-2017, 06:58 AM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2017 06:59 AM by Geoff Quickfall.)
Merci Sylvain!
  • I have some reading to do,
  • Power CL
  • UPDATE protocols
  • PIL BOX (I have one but need to set it up).
  • Serial cable manufacture for the CL.
  • All CL manuals at systemyde
  • Oh, and the book
  • Nice to know I am not the only one with battery maintenance problems :-)

I won't update the version five that I just received, until both you and Monte post. I will be updating my version two once I make the cable tomorrow.

So a beta, ver2 and version 5.

I like the idea of storing my state in free memory around 380 location. I actually have a lab state that also needs storing for future lab research.

I was reading power CL manual and the ywall seems to be similar to my coding above. Is it compatible with ver5 and version 2?

Further reading required,

Bonne nuit

Geoff
11-06-2017, 12:43 PM
Hello Geoff,

(11-06-2017 06:58 AM)Geoff Quickfall Wrote:  Merci Sylvain!
De rien.

Sorry for my teasing mood answer yesterday, I had too much excellent wine and I should never post in that mode.

(11-06-2017 06:58 AM)Geoff Quickfall Wrote:  I won't update the version five that I just received, until both you and Monte post. I will be updating my version two once I make the cable tomorrow.
So a beta, ver2 and version 5.
Be aware that beta and v2 boards are the same hardware and treated as such. If you update your beta board you will loose your backup at 0C9.
Please do not update your CLv5 until a new version of clupdate is released. I have not yet tested it, but I am pretty sure it will sees it as a 41CLv4 board.

(11-06-2017 06:58 AM)Geoff Quickfall Wrote:  I was reading power CL manual and the ywall seems to be similar to my coding above. Is it compatible with ver5 and version 2?
It has been a while that I have used the Power CL module, I will check tonight and get back to you when I have the answer.

Best regards,

Sylvain
11-06-2017, 05:03 PM
Thanks again i am using version 5 to explore the non-destructive and non reversible items. Anything that cannot be reversed will be avoided until more explorations are completed by the Pros!

I cannot believe how much I did with the beta version and clonix. It has been awhile. The beta will remain as is for purity sake as it functions perfectly and has four different states saved.

The version 2 will be updated once I build the cable. Version 5 will be updated, once someone with more knowledge and less catching up to do then I irons out the bugs (you and Monte). For now version five resides in a perfect CV case with blinky, serial port and time module.

I certainly did miss a lot by failing to show up at HHC this year! It would have been wonderful catching up with you Sylvain, whether teasing or not :-)

Best regards,

Geoff

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)